- Post Date:May 30, 2021
- Views 247
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
**To register your interest in this role, please do apply directly. Although there is no immediate requirement, we are continuously on the lookout for outstanding Talent for future deployment.**
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia (Applicants must be able to travel to the work location)
AMI Expeditionary Healthcare is a novel healthcare support organization. Since our inception, we have delivered over 5,000 medical personnel and countless healthcare solutions to over 70 clinical and hospital settings on four continents. AMI is fast-growing providing COVID response to domestic and remote areas. We are seeking dedicated health care professionals as independent contractors to support our commitment to saving lives.
AMI is on the front lines of the Coronavirus response providing critical services including rapid response relief, testing, and vaccination services. The AMI Vaccination Program has the essential elements to ensure rapid execution of state COVID-19 Vaccination Plans. Vaccination is the key to our global emergence from this pandemic. https://ami.health/covid-testing-vaccination/
- Assist the Dentist to deliver professional health services including provision of Dental Services which adhere to the facilities’ policies and procedures.
- Preventative dentistry, including the following;
- X-rays, cleaning, and exam
- Tooth extractions;
- Care of Dental caries (dental infection) / routine fillings;
- Fractured teeth can be stabilized and protected from further injury/mobility, and infection to allow or definitive dental care at a higher level of care
- Release of dental abscesses via incision;
- Diagnosis of oral lesions requiring further care at a higher level;
- If root canals are required, the general dentist can identify the infection, release the infection and provide a temporary filling / repair until the patient can go to a higher level of care;
- Providing temporary crowns until the patient can go to a higher level of care;
- Extensive oral surgery for facial / severe dental fractures (basic stabilization only on site, then evacuation to centre of medical excellence).
- Specifically excluded;
- Advance prosthetics such as permanent crowns / veneers, as this would require a prosthetics lab and dentist with advanced knowledge;
- Basic Gum/gingival surgery.
- Available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, primarily but not exclusively for Dental Services.
- Supporting the Dentist positively as a willing contributor to working in a team environment.
- Maintaining adequate stock for all purposes with minimal wastage.
- Perform weekly and monthly cost captures and statistics as required.
- Assist with orientation for incoming personnel.
- Work in accordance with posted rostering and maintain approved training standards as required.
- Assist in the general day to day operations of the facility as required.
- Ensure operational readiness of Dental Services and equipment including personal equipment.
- Stay within restricted boundaries when responding to the on-call requirements.
- Ensure that highest standards of clinical governance in the provision of Dental Services.
- Attend or present training and briefing sessions when and as directed.
- Operate within the context of the facility’s Mass Casualty Incident Plan in designated role, or in other roles as directed by the Project Manager.
- The Dental Assistant must comply with the Company’s and Client’s policies and procedures and Code of Conduct at all times.
- Diploma of Dental Assistant or equivalent.
- Current unrestricted registration as a Dental Assistant in home country.
- Demonstrate sufficient recent clinical experience as a Dentist in the last 12 months commensurate with the role.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Dental Assistant.
AMI Expeditionary Healthcare, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated.