Dean - Faculty of Engineering & The Environment
- Post Date:February 23, 2022
- Views 436
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Doctorate DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Dean (1 Post) in the FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND THE ENVIRONMENT.
Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer.
As a matter of policy, all applicants are expected to have passes in Ordinary Level English Language and Mathematics.
- The ideal candidate should possess academic and/or professional qualifications from a recognised institution, at the level of a Doctorate Degree in Environmental Engineering, Mining Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or related field.
- Professorship in Environmental Engineering, Mining Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or related field would be a distinct advantage.
Experience and Qualities
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience in an institution of Higher Learning, of which three (3) years should have been as a Chairperson in an academic department.
- Ability to grow the University through increasing student numbers in the Faculty programmes
- Strong academic leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to fundraise and mobilise resources.
- Practical innovation skills.
- Ability to introduce and supervise the implementation of Education 5.0 programmes.
- Ability to motivate and mentor staff and students.
- Good team player
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing academic leadership in the areas of teaching, learning, research, innovation and industrialisation.
- Positioning the Faculty within the national higher education policy in line with Education 5.0.
- Overall planning, development, renewal and changing of academic programmes to ensure meaningful academic outcomes, quality, effectiveness and financial viability.
- Participating in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the academic policies of the University.
- Setting up the necessary structures that will ensure that ethical and accountable research in the Faculty is relevant and of high quality leading to prototypes, patents and copyrights in line with the University’s research, innovation and industrialisation policy.
- Marketing the Faculty nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Establishing a sound culture of innovation and industrialisation in the Faculty.
- Mobilising resources for the Faculty and University.
- Creating and maintaining linkages and relationships with external stakeholders, that is, Industry and Commerce, professional boards; consultancies for the benefit of students, staff and the University as a whole.
- Fostering and maintaining sound personal and professional relationships among the members of staff, clients and stakeholders.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- A contributory Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered.
- The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to [email protected] or hand delivered to:
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 25 February 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.