- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 529
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Mutare, Manicaland, Zimbabwe
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
To develop the START4Girls project database and develop a long-term strategy for data management systems (MIS) and storage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive project database using object-oriented software programming languages such as Java & Structured Query Language (SQL) sever.
- Security – identify potential weaknesses of the database software and work to minimize risks or attacks on the project database
- Sets up back-up, recovery and storage facilities, backups, and ensures the database is secured and protected.
- Assesses database needs in collaboration with the MEAL Specialist.
- Link project MEAL documents and frameworks with actual data collected
- Analytics – develops and manages data processing platforms for exploratory data analysis and real-time analytics to enable timely reporting
- Formatting and consolidating outcome data and run validation scripts to support reporting
- Ensures that IASC core principles and Safeguarding standards are met and maintained accordingly during project planning and implementation
- Reports cases of suspected SHEA to the MEAL Specialist, and or relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science, information systems, or information technology
- 2 years of experience in database management in a complex business environment
- 2 years of experience designing, developing, and producing reports from a database application
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Advanced proficiency in Java and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies, architecture, and data security.
- Knowledge of best practices in database management.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous positions / programming.