- Post Date:February 11, 2021
- Views 419
- Qualification DegreeExperience 3-5 YearsIndustry Business
The role exists to design, configure, install, upgrade, administer and maintain the organisation’s databases in line with set performance standards.
- Sets up operating systems environments for database Installations.
- Installs and configures relevant databases and network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Conducts database maintenance by indexing, compressing, trimming of logs for all databases in line with maintenance procedure.
- Administers database user accounts and assigns privileges according to user duties in line user access matrix.
- Optimizes and configures databases to meet required performance.
- Tests databases backups and recovery procedures adhering to policy.
- Conducts databases tests restorations monthly according to policy.
- Adheres to database vendor license agreements.
- Verifies daily databases backups and disaster recovery site system availability.
- Tests and installs database patches to production environments in line with patch management and change management policies.
- Implements projects within or outside the data centre, or where database systems are concerned.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Professional Certification in a Database Management System(s) is required.
- Professional Certification on Servers, Storage and Operating Systems such as Linux, Windows, Sun Solaris is an added advantage
- A relevant vocational qualification or Oracle Certification is an added advantage.
- 4-6 years’ experience in Database Systems Administration or in a similar environment.
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position “Database Administrator” in the subject area by the 15th of February 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Related Jobs (19)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time