Data Scientist - Power BI & CommCare
- Post Date:October 7, 2021
- Views 300
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Technical Assistance, Training and Education Center for Health (Zim-TTECH) is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Data Scientist. The position will be based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to support Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe, operating as the ZAZIC consortium. Zim-TTECH also partners the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) in implementing HIV & TB Treatment and Care services under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The position’s main objective is to prepare data for reporting and ensuring that all datasets are clean and adequately prepared for dissemination. Reporting to the Data Systems Manager, the incumbent will be expected to clean and analyse data in MS Excel, create dashboards using Power BI and forms development in CommCare and will work closely with District M&E teams, Database Administrator and Assistant, M&E and ICT teams to consolidate, clean data, and prepare it for analysis and storage and be able to retrieve it when required.
- Cleaning, verifying, and preparing data for internal and external reporting.
- Working with IT and M&E teams to design, build, and manage data visualization and dashboards in Power BI.
- Triangulating information collected using various electronic platforms including but not limited to CommCare, PowerBI, EHR and DHIS2.
- Planning and conducting analysis of data in PowerBI and MS Excel on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc basis as requested.
- Compiling and consolidating weekly, monthly, and quarterly data for program activities as requested internally or by partners.
- Assisting in managing, tracking, and reporting data from all projects being implemented.
- Managing the Power BI interface and system failures, particularly refreshing of reports and working with M&E and IT teams to create and develop new reporting forms in CommCare.
- Providing help desk services to both Head Office and field teams to troubleshoot any challenges in accessing Power BI reports.
- Data cleaning in Excel, Power BI, CommCare HQ and monitoring user activity.
- Assisting in the development of SOPs for data cleaning management and storage.
- Performing general research related duties including but not limited to data entry, filing, descriptive analyses and collating forms.
- Working closely with the District Health Information Officers to support and strengthen the District Health Information System.
- Assisting in coordinating and facilitating M&E related trainings across the program.
- Providing mentorship to DSIOs and M&E Assistants in all areas relating to data collection, CommCare and Power BI, through classroom, virtual meetings, short videos, or any other creative methods.
- Writing minutes of meetings, preparing workshop materials and training workshop participants as required.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Biostatistics, Health Informatic, Data Science, Epidemiology, Public Health, or related field.
- Master’s degree in a health-related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience and knowledge of DAX/ SQL and in using CommCare and/or DHIS2 system.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills, including conducting data cleaning, verification, and trend-analyses.
- Experience in creating dashboards using Power BI or other business intelligence software is strongly preferred (e.g., Tableau).
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, including pivot-tables, VLOOKUP, formatting, statistical functions, and formulas and coupled with good knowledge of other packages like MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical software package e.g., STATA, R, SAS, or SPSS will be an added advantage.
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal and presentation skills, including fluency in English and one or more of the local spoken languages with demonstrable ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience in working with MoHCC or health-related implementing partners coupled with a strong understanding of the Zimbabwe health care system structures.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or to:
The Human Resources Manager,
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 October 2021
Related Jobs (45)
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy