Data Science Analyst
- Post Date:July 19, 2021
- Views 282
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Data Analyst which has arisen within the Strategy, Innovation and Insights Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Performing the extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data from different data sources such as T24, ZSS, Postilion in accordance with business processes.
- Executing work plans based on the Data Analytics work plans in accordance with the business SLAs.
- Maintaining central data source to ensure adequacy of storage and processing capacity and the appropriate warehousing of data through data cleaning exercises.
- Performing all data integrity completeness and security checks.
- Maintaining metadata and data dictionary to ensure that all dimensions are properly named, classified and mapped
- Updating data dictionary to reflect changes as advised by the Data and Analytics Manager.
- Updating the central data warehouse.
- Identifying future needs and current changes to the system used in data extraction.
- Performing daily incremental data backups of the central data sources and weekly data backups of all data sources used by the team.
- Analysing methodologies, tools and techniques in order to answer business questions such as regression analysis, technical and fundamental analysis.
- Distributing daily and other reports in accordance with established business SLAs.
- Preparing and distributing RBZ Return reports on a weekly/ Monthly basis.
- Developing new models and adjusting existing models to answer business questions.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Applied Mathematics/Data Science/Statistics/Artcurial Science (Post graduate degree preferable).
- 1 and above years of experience in advanced data analytics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), IBM Cognos, SAS, SPSS, Rapidminer, R, Python or similar analytical tools.
- Background in analytics in a telecommunications/financial environment preferable
- 1 to 2 years’ Banking experience, preferably in the financial services sector.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to [email protected] with the title, Data Science Analyst clearly written in the subject line by 21 July 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (16)
Medical Laboratory Scientist – Bulawayo Laboratory on July 26, 2021 Full Time