Data Processing Centre (DPC) Manager x 3
- Post Date:August 14, 2021
- Views 280
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions that has arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA).
DATA PROCESSING CENTRE (DPC) MANAGER, CUSTOMS & EXCISE – LEVEL 6 (3 POSTS)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise staff within the DPC to ensure proper amounts of duty/tax are collected.
- Enforce full compliance with laws administered by Customs on behalf of other agencies and that consignments meeting all Customs requirements are cleared with a minimum of delay in line with the principle of trade facilitation.
- Efficient and effective management of the Data Processing Centre’s (DPC) work force and operations. Monitor the bill of entry turnaround time to serve clients as per Client Charter.
- Follow up on outstanding bills of entry.
- Conduct random checks from system reports to ensure that clearances adhere to required procedures and controls.
- Prepare appeals, submit to the Head and make recommendations for Value or Tariff Rulings.
- Respond and implement internal and external audit recommendations.
- Interpret and implement legislation and organizational policies effectively and efficiently.
- Assist in identifying training needs and facilitating Human Capital development.
- Conduct periodic meetings and workshops with stakeholders.
- Establish a culture of excellence in the section through the Performance Management system.
- Implement integrity action and service level agreement for the section.
- Review of policies, processes, procedures, operational guidelines and recommend the necessary change for approval.
- Promote good industrial relations and staff welfare
Job skills and Competencies
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound technical and decision making skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good organizational, people and time management skills.
- Team player who is innovative and analytical.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Economics / Fiscal Studies / Business Studies / Business Management / Business Administration / Sociology or equivalent OR Full CIS OR Higher National Diploma in Accounting / Business Studies or equivalent.
- An MBA / MSc an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of Customs & Excise legislation and procedures.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Customs & Excise and or Taxes working environment in a supervisory grade.
- Expert knowledge of ASYCUDA World is a prerequisite.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 16 August 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
ZIMRA is an equal opportunity employer.