Data Entry Clerks - Temporary
- Post Date:March 16, 2022
- Views 1272
- Career Level ClerkQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Location: Midlands Province (Gweru, Mberengwa, Gokwe South, Kwekwe); Manicaland Province (Mutare, Makoni, Mutasa, Buhera, Chipinge)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organization which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The Accelerated and Comprehensive HIV Care for Epidemic Control in Zimbabwe (ACCE) project’s objective is to complement the government of Zimbabwe (GOZ)’s efforts towards epidemic control by targeting testing to efficiently identify PLHIV, ensuring all newly diagnosed PLHIV are immediately linked to treatment, and all PLHIV on treatment have ready access to antiretroviral therapy (ART), are retained on treatment, and remain virally suppressed. The program is being implemented in 9 districts in Midlands (Gweru, Kwekwe, Mberengwa and Gokwe South) and in Manicaland (Makoni, Mutare. Chipinge, Mutasa and Buhera).
The Data Entry Clerk is a key member of the Strategic Information and Evaluation (SIE) team at district level responsible for data collection, cleaning, and entry into ACCE project databases, as well as regular data analysis.
The Data entry clerk will assist the DSIE Officer in carrying out the following duties:
- Timely collection of client level and aggregate program from all health facilities and communities;
- Review submitted data and check for completeness, inconsistencies, and outliers;
- Data entry in client level and aggregate program databases including DHIS2 and DATIM;
- Data deduplication in collaboration with other IPs and MoHCC at district level;
- Conduct regular site visits with SIE officers to assess program data quality using standard data quality assessment tools;
- Participate in capacity building of healthcare workers in monitoring and evaluation through coaching and mentoring;
- Generate data reports and provide data feedback to MOHCC staff and other information stakeholders;
- Implement data quality assurance strategies including routine data quality assessments using a standard ZHI Data verification tool and provide feedback for decision making and corrective actions;
- Distribute Monitoring and Evaluation tools to all supported health facilities;
- Regular analysis of program data to identify program strengths and gaps;
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of High Frequency Reports (HFR) and Monthly Return Forms;
- Support roll out and use of digital and mobile data reporting platforms;
- Participate in data review meetings and further build the Monitoring and Evaluation capacity of MOHCC staff;
- Actively participate in project assessments and studies / researches;
- Represent the district at Monitoring and Evaluation fora as assigned by the supervisors;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance;
- Proficient computer skills for data collection and word processing software;
- Attitude for learning and enhancing skills;
- Able to troubleshoot problems in collecting and entering data;
- Upholds patient confidentiality;
- Willing to travel to multiple health facilities.
Qualifications and experience
- A diploma / degree in computer sciences, mathematics, statistics, public health, demography or social sciences is desirable;
- Demonstrated experience capturing HIV program data in DHIS2 / DATIM;
- Proficiency in desktop software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) a requisite;
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage;
- Candidates residing in the respective districts are encouraged to apply.
- Step 1: Complete online form here
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Deadline: 18 of March 2022