Data Entry Clerk
- Post Date:May 6, 2021
- Views 970
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Locations: Gweru, Gokwe, Kwekwe, Mberengwa
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism project increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) by complimenting the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s (MOHCC) efforts towards HIV epidemic control in Zimbabwe. The project provides technical assistance to the management, coordination and provision of comprehensive HIV clinical care and treatment services within the national HIV program. The technical assistance spans across all MOHCC and PERFAR HIV priority technical areas.
The Data Entry Clerk is a key member of the Strategic Information and Evaluation (SIE) team at district level responsible for data collection, cleaning, and entry into ZHCT project databases, as well as regular data analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data entry clerk will assist the DSIE Officer in carrying out the following duties:
- Timely collection of client level and aggregate program from all health facilities and communities.
- Review submitted data and check for completeness, inconsistencies, and outliers.
- Data entry in client level and aggregate program databases including DHIS2 and DATIM.
- Data de-duplication in collaboration with other IPs and MoHCC at district level.
- Conduct regular site visits with SIE officers to assess program data quality using standard data quality assessment tools.
- Participate in capacity building of healthcare workers in monitoring and evaluation through coaching and mentoring.
- Generate data reports and provide data feedback to MOHCC staff and other information stakeholders.
- Implement data quality assurance strategies including routine data quality assessments using a standard FHI360/ZHI Data verification tool and provide feedback for decision making and corrective actions.
- Distribute M&E tools to all supported health facilities.
- Regular analysis of program data to identify program strengths and gaps.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of High Frequency Reports (HFR) and Monthly Return Forms.
- Support roll out and use of digital and mobile data reporting platforms.
- Participate in data review meetings and further build the M&E capacity of MOHCC staff.
- Actively participate in project assessments and studies/researches.
- Represent the district at M&E fora as assigned by the supervisors.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Proficient computer skills for data collection and word processing software.
- Attitude for learning and enhancing skills.
- Able to troubleshoot problems in collecting and entering data.
- Upholds patient confidentiality.
- Willing to travel to multiple health facilities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A diploma/ degree in computer sciences, mathematics, statistics, public health, demography or social sciences is desirable.
- Conversant with relevant computer programs a requirement.
- Demonstrated experience capturing HIV program data in DHIS2/DATIM.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Proficiency in desktop software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) a requisite.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage
Interested candidates can apply for these opportunities here; depending on the location:
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Please note that FHI 360 does not charge applicants any fee for their applications to be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 11 May 2021
Related Jobs (41)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract