Data and GIS Analytics Officer
- Post Date:February 14, 2021
- Views 507
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeIndustry Health Care
Reporting to: Data Analytics Manager
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions.
The Data and GIS Analytics Officer works at the intersection of data analysis, programming, and cartography. Their primary duties will include analyzing spatial data through mapping software and designing digital maps with geographic data and various other data sets from the Data sets captured in the OPHID DHIS2 and extracted from DATIM and any other database that OPHID will have. They will also provide broad data analysis as part of the data analytics team.
- Work with the DHIS2 programmer in setting up data elements and configurations that permit geospatial analytics in DHIS2;
- Assist the development of community data capturing systems to have geospatial capabilities;
- Recommend and support the deployment of appropriate mapping software as part of the SIE department`s toolkit; Analyze spatial data through the use of mapping software;
- Discover patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data;
- Design digital maps with geographic data and other data sources;
- Create “shapefiles” to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map;
- Produce maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of HIV program and other implementation data both at facility and community for the TASQC program;
- Identify salient data patterns, perform complex analysis and interpret trends/patterns coming from the data;
- Develop innovative and appropriate data visualisation methods to convey key trends to a range of audiences from government and donors, to health care workers.
- Degree in Statistics, Geosciences, Geography, Surveying or related field;
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS and Carto;
- Competences in spatial statistics;
- Knowledge of database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python;
- Experience with GPS measuring tools.
- Step 1: Complete the application form here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age. OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees). While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 19 February 2021