- Post Date:December 21, 2021
- Views 764
- Career Level AnalystQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry ICT
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
Key Result Areas
- Work with data scientists to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze, interpret and present data in visual format that conveys useful insights, that are easily understood and actionable e.g. Dashboards
- Collaborate with different team members to collect and analyze data.
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business and business decisions.
- Continuously review and identify data integrity issues that may require cleansing.
- Create presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings.
- Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Assess new and emerging technologies to ensure existing tools and techniques remain relevant in performing this role
- Can use data mining techniques in discovering patterns in large quantities of data for further analysis and to reach sound conclusions.
- Conducts high quality and honest analysis of information and data to aid in problem solving.
- Execution of data preparation, validation, profiling, auditing and data cleansing activities.
- Explore, Interpret and analyse data using statistical tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools
- Significant attention to detail and an ability to quickly spot and fix problems.
- Understands that different situations may call for different skills and approaches, works to strengths and compensates for weaknesses.
- Knows what to measure and how to measure so that complex processes can be refined, and more can be achieved with fewer resources.
- Use systems thinking to address problems and questions at scale.
- Plans and scopes data analytics executions that will improve product and service experience outcomes at scale.
- Creates, analyses & manages work that provide direct business impact.
- Demonstrates some knowledge of how industry trends & competitive landscape impact Old Mutual Data.
- Hands-on experience creating visualisation designs and data storytelling techniques.
Skills: Analytical Techniques, Business Decisions, Communication, Dashboard Reporting, Data Analysis, Exploration, Identifying Opportunities, Information Systems Analysis, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Microsoft Power BI, Statistical Tools, Teamwork, Translations
Education: Bachelor of Commerce (BCom): Mathematics (Required), Bachelor of Commerce (BComm): Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelor of Commerce (BComm): Data Processing (Required), Bachelor of Commerce (BComm): Financial Analysis (Required), Bachelor of Commerce (BComm): Statistics (Required)
Closing Date: 24 December 2021
Related Jobs (20)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract