- Post Date:March 18, 2022
- Views 348
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
A Microfinance company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of a Credit Manager. The suitable candidate will report to the Managing Director.
Responsible for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses; responsible for effectively monitoring of credit risk; creating credit scoring models and setting loan terms.
- Responsible for individually reviewing credit proposals for Business Loans customers and recommending for approval in line with the company’s credit policy.
- Effectively monitor data integrity in BR.NET to ensure correctness.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent ongoing improvement in turn-around-time for credit reviews and proposals while ensuring that all portfolio issues and agreed actions are tracked and executed expeditiously.
- Coordinate development and presentation of industry credit reviews for key sectors ensuring appropriate target market focus and risk appetite.
- Supervises Credit Administration Team and ensure compliance to Credit Control policy and practices.
- Monitoring and management of Credit Collection and Recoveries.
- Effectively manage costs in line with Budget
- Ensure targets are met through disbursements and quality portfolio
- Developing and growing business for the achievement of the organization’s mandate.
- Follow up with clients about loan renewals and monitor progress of existing loans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Marketing, Banking and Finance or related field with grade 2.1 or better. Masters is an added advantage;
- Relevant professional courses are an added advantage;
- Three (3) years working experience in a microfinance or banking environment particularly credit assessment and relationship management;
- Credit analysis and management skills:
- Extensive knowledge of microfinance credit products;
- Experience in supervising microfinance credit teams.
JOB RELATED ATTRIBUTES
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal documentation associated with credit/market risk.
- Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, report writing and customer service skills.
- Enhanced communication skills; fully conversant in credit policy/risk principles.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and self-driven personality.
Applicants must submit their applications together with a detailed CV and certified copies of certificates by not later than 20 March 2022 to [email protected]