- Post Date:December 14, 2021
- Views 465
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Local Government
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its Finance Department.
POST: CREDIT CONTROLLER (1 Position)
LOCATION: ROWAN MARTIN BUILDING (REVENUE COLLECTION)
REPORTING TO: HEAD REVENUE COLLECTION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the above mentioned vacancy in the Revenue Collection Division of the Finance Department.
Responsible for debt collection management
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Formulates and implements debt collection strategies.
- Produces debtors age analysis reports (for residential commercial and industrial).
- Authorises and signs summons and warrants of execution against property.
- Monitors the performances of companies under Judicial management to prevent Council
- Liaises with Legal Practitioners on matters relating to deceased estates, insolvent states and
cases transferred for collection.
- Checks for accuracy on statements received from Messenger of Court before issuing out
requests for payment.
- Ensures timeous responses to all correspondences relating to debt collection issues.
- Produces debtors and progress reports relating to Revenue Collection.
- Prepares Revenue and Capital Estimates.
- Supervision and performance management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Studies or equivalent
- Diploma in Credit/Debtors Management a must
- At least 2 years relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence and persistence
- Good Numeracy skills
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director, City of Harare, P O Box 1680, Harare,
OR hand delivered to
Records Office,Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Bullding, Harare
Not later than 16 December 2021.
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer.
Related Jobs (52)
Administrative Assistant – Research & Innovation Directorate on January 19, 2022 Full Time
Assistant Bursar x 3 & Administrative Assistant x 2 on January 19, 2022 Contract