Country Information Technology Lead
- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 443
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Location – Harare Country Office
Reporting to the Logistics and Administration Manager, the Country Information Technology Lead is responsible for the country wide IT management creating a vision for IT within Plan International Zimbabwe, communicate it to employees, lead and motivate the team to achieve the vision.
Accountabilities and main responsibilities:
- Develop and implement IT policies, strategies and procedures in line with Plan International standards to improve operational efficiency and delivery of quality programs.
- Lead the design of Information Communication Technology for development (ICT4D) initiatives.
- Lead in the development of an organisational digital strategy that will use ICT to improve business performance in development and humanitarian programming and operations.
- Design and develop databases and software solutions for data collection, data capture and analysis, working directly with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Unit.
- Work directly with the Programs, Business Development departments to implement and test different IT solutions to improve program delivery and achieve efficiency.
- Promote knowledge management initiatives by ensuring that Plan International Zimbabwe staff and other stakeholders have easy access to quality and reliable response information as and when they need it through development of user friendly software solutions.
- Identify solutions and opportunities to enhance delivery of quality programs through ICT4D initiatives.
- Evaluate customers’ requirements, prepare and present proposals, design and deliver solutions to meet customers’ objectives.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature, and user abuse.
- Develop procedures, programs, and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Lead the provision of technical support for corporate applications, including installation and upgrades.
- Manage the availability and reliability of the IT infrastructure, applications and connectivity.
- Provide training and support on technical aspects of corporate applications and information security
- Monitor IT software licensing and usage.
- Manage hardware and software setup and maintenance
- Ensures that there are protocols and systems to monitor child protection in all uses of information technology at Country level.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection and Safeguarding and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility
Participate in Plan’s IT networks to enhance Plan’s Program Performance
- Participate in IT networks in order to facilitate learning and sharing of experiences.
- Identify and establish relevant networks and platforms for IT.
- A degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- 5 years’ relevant working experience at a similar level
- Experience of supporting local area networks, SQL Server, Exchange server, wide area networking (e.g. CISCO) and telecommunications
- Experience of Microsoft Server administration; database administration for Microsoft SQL Server
- Industry certifications
- Experience in managing and implementing information systems and supporting technologies
- Training in project management an advantage
- Excellent partnership management and team leadership skills.
- Knowledge in implementation of ICT4D initiatives.
- Project and general management skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Plan International values, striving for lasting impact.
- Thinks strategically, reflects about achievements and recognizes people’s contribution.
- Clear and effective communication that builds relationships in order to influence others
- Ability to maintain strategic vision and link with everyday work
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people.
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our program and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and develop agency to change their own lives.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Harare)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 25 August 2021
Related Jobs (18)
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021