- Post Date:May 6, 2021
- Views 626
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
SolidarMed is a leading non-profit organization working to improve the health care of 2.5 million people in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Working together with national partners to strengthen health systems and community capacities, we are committed to scientific evidence and policy dialogue both as foundations and objectives of our work.
We are looking for an experienced development professional to lead our passionate team and manage the portfolio of projects aimed at strengthening health care systems in Zimbabwe.
SolidarMed is a dynamic organisation, with a clear vision on engendering quality health care in disenfranchised communities. In Zimbabwe, SolidarMed has a long-standing cooperation with the Ministry of Health and Child Care and supports the National Health Strategy in Masvingo Province through locally embedded projects in the field of HIV/TB care, Maternal and Neonatal Health, and Non-Communicable Diseases. All SolidarMed projects are supported by a dedicated and experienced eHealth team to further improve quality of health services and drive digital innovation, using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). SolidarMed strengthens the evidence base by operational research in collaboration with national and international partners, under the guidance of relevant authorities in Zimbabwe. SolidarMed’s Zimbabwe team of experienced national project managers is strongly committed to working within the existing systems and in close collaboration with stakeholders to achieve long lasting improvements of health outcomes and to bring good practices in the province to the attention at the national level.
The Country Director is responsible for the strategic leadership and oversight of SolidarMed operations in Zimbabwe, including programme direction, country strategy development, programme and research quality, innovation and impact, human resource management and talent development, financial and organization’s assets stewardship, resource acquisition, and administrative operations.
Your tasks and responsibilities as Country Director
- Lead the development and execution of a high-quality country strategic plan relevant to the local context and reflecting the global priorities
- Oversee the recruitment, orientation, performance and development of staff; demonstrating healthy engagement, a culture of innovation, and effective talent management.
- Provide leadership in the development or change management of transformative initiatives in the country to enable continuous evolution of the projects and their delivery models.
- Oversee programme quality in the country; ensuring quality execution of the programme strategy, timely and quality completion of M&E processes, adoption of quality standards and guidelines, and efficient use of programme resources.
- Ensure optimal financial, human and physical resource allocation and management and quality standards for successful implementation of the country’s strategic plan and mission and to monitor and report on their progress. (in collaboration with the programme manager in Switzerland)
- Coordinate and link with National and International partners, donors, stakeholders; proactively seek potential new collaborations.
- Represent SolidarMed Zimbabwe at national level, in technical workgroups and other consultative bodies.
- Contribute to programme- and project development; actively promote generation of new project ideas in the team and generation of evidence through implementation research.
- Initiates, leads and oversees the grants acquisition and management effort in the country ensuring long-term health of the portfolio and achievement of annual targets.
- Budget control and safeguarding of the internal controlling system
- Ensure the delivery of timely, high quality programme and project reports
- Relevant degree from internationally recognised university at least at master’s level (preferably related to management or business administration).
- Health related degree (public health, medicine, epidemiology etc,) is an added advantage.
- 10+ years project management experience (management, planning, staff developments)
- 2+ years of senior management experience in an NGO/international organisation with proven track record of strong management skills
- 2+ years working in challenging and volatile settings, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa (ideally in the Southern African region or Zimbabwe)
- 1+ year experience working or studying outside Zimbabwe in Europe/US
- Significant experience in programme design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation, mainly in the health field (including demonstrated experience with implementation research)
- Strong financial and administration management experience including preparing and managing budgets, contracts, and negotiations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in developing and managing procurement and logistical procedures and policies.
- Experience in the field of digital Health and solid understanding of the potential benefits of digital tools for health
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues. Experience in dealing with institutional donors and government officials.
- Coalition building capabilities, external networking, fundraising, and experience in developing strategic partnerships.
- Proven capabilities in leadership
- Self-motivated, energetic, hard-working, entrepreneurial, and service-orientated
- Ability to pragmatically solve problems, plan a course of action using analytical, conceptual, strategic, and forward-thinking abilities to achieve an effective resolution.
- Preference for Zimbabwe national or candidate with a valid Zimbabwean work permit/visa.
Expiry date: 23/05/2021
Working hours (%): 100%
Job type: Staff (Permanent and Fixed Term)
Education level: Master’s degree
Related Jobs (48)
Evaluation of the Education Out Loud Funded Project on September 28, 2021 Consultancy
Our Rights, Our Lives, Our future Plus (O3Plus) Programme Assistant on September 28, 2021 Contract
Internal Savings and Lending Schemes (ISALs) Consultant on September 28, 2021 Consultancy