- Post Date:August 13, 2021
- Views 472
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
The National Competitiveness Commission [NCC] is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament [Chapter 14:36], and falls under the purview of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MoIC). The Commission is mandated to facilitate the creation of a competitive environment for Zimbabwean business through the development, coordination and implementation of key policy improvements required for domestic, regional and global competitiveness. The Commission seeks to consider suitably qualified candidates for the following ‘Permanent Contract’ position of Cost Accountant to be based at our Harare offices.
The Cost Accountant reports to the Chief Economist (Domestic) of the Commission. The incumbent will be responsible for assessing business expenses and preparing optimized budget plans for the Commission.
Duties & Responsibilities (Key Result Areas)
- Reviewing financial records of the Commission;
- Collecting and analysing data about the Commission’s operational costs;
- Developing and analysing cost standards for the Commission;
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labour, etc.
- Performing account reconciliations;
- Preparing audit reports and presenting their findings to management:
- Recommending changes to the Commission’s processes and policies to reduce cost;
- Advising management on appropriate costing based on financial data;
- Managing the Commission’s balance sheet and accounting books;
- Manage the Commission’s budget and capital expenditure.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must have good report writing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail to review large amounts of data and numbers;
- Exceptional mathematical skills to verify entries;
- Good critical-thinking skills to gather all of the available data and make informed decisions;
- e Proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting;
- A relevant Master’s Degree Accounting or Finance is an added advantage;
- Be a member to any of the following professional bodies; Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Zimbabwe (ICSAZ); Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Zimbabwe (ICPAZ); Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is a prerequisite;
- At least three (3) years’ relevant working experience in accounting field.
Interested candidates should send their applications, resumes and certified copies of academic and professional certificates to: [email protected] addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Competitiveness Commission,
1 Adylinn Road,
Cnr Marlborough and Adylinn Rd,
Applications should be received not later than 15 August 2021.
WOMEN candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and remuneration and benefits will be communicated ONLY for successful candidates. In the interest of public health, please note that no hard copy applications will be accepted.
Related Jobs (21)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time