- Post Date:November 3, 2021
- Views 342
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Based in Harare and reporting to the General Manager, a position for a Corporate Secretary has arisen in an agri-business corporate, with five subsidiaries. The position requires insightful and
energetic leadership, a result-oriented team player with exceptional Corporate Governance and Institutional Secretariat management acumen to transform and position the Trust as an epitome of corporate ethics within the next three years.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In liaison with the General Manager, convene Board, Committee and Annual General Meetings ensuring timeous drafting and circulation of meeting packs, accurate recording of minutes and conveyance of resolutions.
- Advising the Board and Management in line with Corporate Governance best practice.
- Managing the Organisation’s policy framework ensuring that internal policies are developed and approved by the Board.
- Providing legal advice, handling litigation, arbitration and other dispute resolution processes proactively safeguarding the Organisation against legal risks.
- Reviewing and advising the Board on all legislative and regulatory developments.
- Fostering the Trust’s legal and regulatory compliance with all Statutory provisions.
- Liaise with external Regulators and Advisors such as Lawyers and Auditors.
- Maintaining, updating and securing the Trust’s statutory books, registers, records ensuring their availability for inspection where necessary.
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents such as Joint Venture Agreements, Leases and contracts.
The Specific Attributes for the Job entail:
- Superior analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent Communication and team skills.
- High ethical standards
- Excellent understanding of Corporate
- Governance and compliance issues.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential or sensitive information.
- Proficient usage of computer and relevant IT packages.
The Qualifications of this Position includes any of the following:
- A Bachelor of Law Degree from a reputable institution
- A post graduate qualification such as MBA/MBL/ MSc Strategic Management desirable.
- Minimum of 6 years post-qualification experience in a corporate legal environment of which 3 years should be at managerial level.
- Must be a member of the Law Society of Zimbabwe.
- Possession of a driver’s license being an added advantage.
Remuneration Package: A competitive remuneration package and other benefits commensurate with the position are on offer.
Application should be sent to:
The General Manager
Development Trust of Zimbabwe
103 Waterfield Road,
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Applications should be received by Friday 5th of November 2021 at 16:30hrs.
Related Jobs (5)
Group Corporate Secretary & Legal Services Director on December 2, 2021 Full Time