Core Systems Manager
- Post Date:June 8, 2021
- Views 214
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Core Systems Manager which has arisen within the Technology Operations Department
To provide assurance of 99.9% uptime of all core systems (T24, RTGS, Internet Banking, ESB, Postilion and all other core systems) by continuously seeking ways to eliminate any system bottlenecks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Manage delivery of service by our core systems set objectives in accordance with set targets
- Review action plans regularly and align to changes in the business and its operating environment
- Participate in formulation of Technology operations plans and policies
- Develops individual work plans based on departmental plan
- Evaluates proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations
- Participate in definition of Internal Operating Level and Service level agreements and ensure the targets are being met daily.
- Provision of second line support by defining systems performance matrix of Core Systems and key performance indicators.
- Review Core system Process flows regularly in line with changes in business processes, requirements and IS operating environment and update them accordingly.
- Review systems resources utilization and maintaining records that have adverse effect on performance and make recommendations for expansion, upgrades, or replacement of obsolete components.
- Pre and post patch management reviews and also reviews system configurations in line with vendor and third-party specifications (e.g. Postilion, Zimswitch, Interfaces, T24, and Ecocash etc.)
- Collects, analyses and summarizes data and trends in capacity usage, response time and error rate and provides information to line managers.
- Develops and maintains Core Systems Configuration catalogue for use by other personnel
- Participates in business continuity planning, testing and evaluation
- Participates in disaster recovery plan formulation
- Participate in IT risk assessment and Business Continuity Planning
- Participates in the system recoveries and establish emergency operations at DR site in the event of plans in the event of a disaster
- Define Core Systems Analysts and responsibilities, define and regularly review Core Systems organizational structure in line with business demands and changes in technology with supervision from the HOD.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Honours Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Informatics
- ITIL, Cobit, Java, T24
- Five (5) years’ experience in Technology Operations or Business Application development and support, two of which were at managerial level. Experience in supporting and managing the following:
- Core Banking system –preferably T24
- ATM and POS switch –preferably Postilion
- Internet and Mobile banking systems
- Red Hat Linux or other variants of Linux operating system
- Virtualized Environments
- At least two database management systems
- IT Incident Management and problem resolution
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to [email protected] with the title, Core Systems Manager clearly written in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date for all applications is 11 June 2021