- Post Date:February 16, 2021
- Views 307
- Career Level Consultant
Time Frame for assignment: 4 days
Reports to: Research and Advocacy Officer
Introduction and background
A local non-governmental organisation is seeking the services of a consultant with expertise in content editing and proofreading of a research publication on Health and Corruption in Zimbabwe.
Duties and responsibilities
Working under the supervision of a Research and Advocacy Officer, the Consultant will provide technical support to the Research Unit through undertaking the proof-reading and copy editing of a 15 000 word research publication.
- Review and edit the document for the content and flow;
- The editor will be responsible for editing the whole document and narrative sections with a view to ensure clarity and continuity of the arguments and focus of the report; clarity of structure and core themes of the report; internal consistency, both analytical and stylistic;
- Align content page numbering with body of document;
- The technical editing and copy-editing will concentrate on flow and clarity of argument, sequencing, consistency, especially between text and tables and figures; integration of text and boxes, content errors, style and punctuation, spelling and grammar;
- The copy-editor shall ensure that the statistical data used and referenced in the text are consistent with the data in the respective tables, charts and maps, as well as with the indicator tables;
- The consultant expected to consult with the research and advocacy officer on any proposed changes and incorporate those changes;
- Final copy editing and proofread the documents; Insert references either footnote of bibliography as per the global standards.
The consultant should submit a cover letter and CV with 3 traceable references as well as expected remuneration for the consultancy to: [email protected]
Deadline: 19 February 2021