Coordinator, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
- Post Date:July 5, 2022
- Views 358
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
LOCATION: This position reports into IYF’s headquarters in Baltimore, MD, but remote candidates in the United States and in IYF’s current countries of operations will be considered (Mexico, Colombia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, and Palestine).
IYF will not provide work authorization to individuals applying to this position. Country nationals of the countries highlighted above are strongly encouraged to apply.
SUPERVISOR: Director, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For over 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information, please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Coordinator, CFP helps secure resources to carry out IYF’s mission and strategic priorities. In partnership with a dynamic and committed team of professionals worldwide, this position contributes to identifying and cultivating funder and partner relationships, pursuing funding opportunities, and generating innovative, transformative programs to advance youth development. This position focuses primarily on corporate and foundation funding opportunities, and also supports public-private partnership formation in collaboration with IYF’s Business Development unit to leverage shared value. This position is ideal for an early-career professional who is interested in growing their expertise in international, cross-sector partnerships for transformational impact. This role offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable fundraising, program design, relationship management, and strategic planning skills alongside a dynamic and supportive global team.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scoping: Analyze corporate and foundation funding trends; help identify new potential funders in the fields of youth development, workforce development and systems change; and support country offices to generate and utilize local business intelligence.
- Proposal Development: Support the development, finalization and packaging of proposals for submission. Assist with recruitment of staff for new programs as needed, and the inclusion of required organizational information in proposals. Assist with responding to due diligence requests from partners and donors.
- Communications: Support CFP team members, IYF project managers and institutional leadership to maintain strong communications and relationships with funders and partners. Assist in marketing IYF programs and assets through organizational communications and social media platforms to be recognized as a partner of choice among donors, peer organizations and community stakeholders.
- Knowledge Management: Conduct opportunity and prospect tracking, analysis and reporting for the CFP function using IYF’s STORM Salesforce platform and other knowledge management tools. Serve as the KM point person for the CFP team, ensuring updated and accurate file management and adherence to IYF’s KM policies and procedures.
- Process Improvement: Contribute to the development and improvement of CFP processes, tools, and staff capacities in IYF country and global teams, supporting stronger competitive positioning and higher win rates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter and a good problem solver with excellent writing and communication skills, and a commitment to global youth development.
- Experience developing or processing grant proposals, including design, writing and/or contributing to research required. Familiarity with grant-funded program delivery in the social development space is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills, including ability to identify, balance and rapidly shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to make sound judgments, assume responsibility, manage upward, and work independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills appropriate for operating effectively in a multicultural, international team environment. Flexibility, proactivity, and comfort with ambiguity are essential.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills required. Proficiency in a second language, ideally Spanish, highly desired.
- Experience and/or ability to maintain and manage customer relationship management systems, such as Salesforce. Direct experience working in Salesforce is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Sharepoint are required.
- Experience working/living internationally preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required.
JOB LEVEL: Coordinator
Please submit your cover letter and resume in English to: [email protected] with CFP Coordinator in the subject line.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications from people of all cultures, experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.