Consultant to Identify, install and configure a web-based platform for project monitoring and risk mitigation
- Post Date:June 20, 2022
- Views 284
- Career Level ConsultantQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location : Harare, ZIMBABWE
Application Deadline : 21-Jun-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Management
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jul-2024
Duration of Initial Contract : 10 Days
Expected Duration of Assignment : 10 Days
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
FACT is a Christian-based national organisation working in and through partnerships to improve health and reduce poverty among people affected by HIV and related issues in Zimbabwe and beyond. With support from Global Fund through UNDP, FACT was awarded funds to implement a HIV and Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) interventions in 20 of Global Fund Districts in Zimbabwe. The implementation of these interventions will be through CSOs/CBOs sub sub recipients (SSRs) to be selected for all the designate Global Fund supported districts.
Background to the requested Consultancy Work
FACT has been in existence for the past 30 plus years, and has gone through a number of capacity development initiatives, her work with multiple sub grantees and nationwide grassroots systems has been limited. Assuming Sub-Recipient (SR) role has therefore imminently exposed FACT to cross cutting management risk, systems and operational risks, strains and overload and sudden M&E and management inadequacies. As such FACT requested for Capacity Development that is focused on anticipated risks, exposures and opportunities related to FACT’s newly acquired status. This is to ensure that FACT is better prepared to respond and manage the SSRs. Compounding the risks and exposure is the well documented distance and remoteness of SSRs and communities FACT is working with under this grant. This on its own creates imminent possible management challenges linked to reporting, accountability and oversight. Additional issues for consideration are linked to SSRs and communities of focus.
Under the 2021-2023 Global Fund programme, FACT will significantly expand it partnerships with CSOs and communities. This is occurring at a time when FACT’s usual modalities for supervision and quality assurance may no longer be viable. These modalities relied on a significant physical presence with sub-grantees for on-site supervision and support as well as for project monitoring and verification of results. Such modalities are no longer feasible and may no longer be necessary given the growth in tool for project monitoring and risk mitigation that are web-based. FACT is therefore seeking to migrate its practices of project monitoring and risk mitigation to a primarily virtual modality using a platform that allows for real-time exchange between FACT and its implementers in communities. FACT is therefore proposing to engage expert support to review its own capacities to support this transition and to choose a web-based platform that integrates with its existing systems and is well suited to the project context.
It is against this background that FACT is seeking a consultant to identify, install and configure a web-based platform for project monitoring and risk mitigation.
Description of Responsibilities
- Assess FACT’s needs and to recommend an appropriate solution.
- Acquire, identify, install and configure a Web-based platform for project monitoring and risk mitigation
- Provide training and mentoring to FACT staff and SSRs on using and maintaining the web- platform.
The expected outcome for intervention
- Web-based platform for project monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Effective Project monitoring using a Web-based platform
- Assessment report outlining gaps and recommendation related to project monitoring and risk mitigation
- A Costed work plan to implement the recommendation from the assessment; e.g. Costed workplan for acquiring, installing and configuring a Web-based platform for project monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Installed and functional Web-based platform for project monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Training manual/guide that will be used to train FACT staff and SSRs on using and maintaining the Web-based platform
- Training report
- Drive for Results
- Embracing Diversity,
- Self-awareness and Self-regulation,
- Leading Vision and Change
- Setting Standards, and Monitoring Work
- Strategic and Global Thinking
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Risk Management, or a related field
- Experience in project Risk management
- Experience designing web-based risk management systems
- In-depth knowledge of new technologies and trends related to project risk management.
- Excellent organizational and time management capabilities.
- Experience providing training to end users of web-based systems
- Experience and knowledge of Project Management
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The consultancy fee will be determined on a lump sum basis. The lump sum amount must be all-inclusive and the contract price must be fixed regardless of changes in the cost components. Payment will be made upon completion of all key deliverables. The expected duration of the work is a Maximum of 10 full days.
How to apply – Apply online as instructed
Consultants can submit their Expression of Interest (EoI) clearly marked in the subject EOI for Identifying, installing and configuring a web-based platform for project monitoring and risk mitigation. All EoI must be submitted by to undp. The subject matter should be clearly stated on the submission and email response stating the subject one is responding to.
The EoI must include the following:
- Technical proposal: a cover letter and updated Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum); a technical proposal (max. 4 pages) summarizing the approach to be used. Work plan with the expected number of working days; and, List of evidence of similar work done and experience to undertake the assignment.
- Financial proposal: – asking rate (fees) in USD per workday and estimated number of workdays required to perform the assignment. Other logistical expenditures including materials, if applicable, must be included in the budget breakdown.
- Financial proposal: – asking rate (fees) in USD per workday – Should be all inclusive
Candidates will be evaluated using a combined scoring method with the qualifications, experience and methodology weighted at 75% and the price offer weighted at 20%. Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 50+% (out of 75%) points on the technical qualifications will be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
- Criteria for evaluation of qualifications, experience and methodology (80 points maximum):
- Relevance of education to the consultancy (10 points);
- Knowledge of IT and Web-based platforms for project risk management (25 points)
- Experience in installing and configuring, web-based platforms (25 points)
- Experience providing training to end users of web-based systems (10 points)
- Experience in Project monitoring (10 points)
- Criteria for financial evaluation (20 points maximum)
Related Jobs (19)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022