- Post Date:March 23, 2022
- Views 405
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
SECTOR: Economic Growth
FULL TIME/ PART TIME: Full Time
CLOSING DATE: 25-Mar-2022
About the role
Function of department
We know that if countries are to achieve the ambitious targets of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), their governments will have a central role to play in enabling inclusive economic growth, delivering quality universal services and managing resources sustainably. Crown Agents’ competitive advantage comes from our ability to add value as partners of government by ‘working with the grain’ of local reforms and change processes and bringing technical skills and contextually appropriate solutions. We also bring a diverse range of technical capabilities that can be deployed in highly fragile and conflict affected states (such as Iraq and Libya), in more stable but extremely resource-constrained low-income countries (like Nepal and Sierra Leone), and in middle-income settings where governments are committed to undertaking crucial reforms to maximise the impact of public expenditure (such as Ukraine and Uzbekistan).
From value-for-money auditing of public infrastructure investments in Ghana to building decentralised public expenditure management systems in Nepal to reforming revenue collection systems in Togo, we have maintained a strong track record of programmes that enable fiscally constrained governments to use their limited resources more effectively.
Main job purpose
To support the GSEG team through assistance in project management and business winning activities, with a particular focus on Southern Africa
This role will form part of two Crown Agents’ teams: the global GSEG team (led from London) and the Crown Agents Zimbabwe country team (‘CAZIM’). Line management and reporting will be to GSEG, but the postholder will be based in CA’s Harare office, as a full member of the country team.
- Provide inputs to opportunity identification, evaluation, tracking and management in Zimbabwe and for the wider GSEG pipeline
- Assist in promotion of team services through preparation of capability statements and marketing material
- Support team positioning for opportunities through developing and maintaining positive relationships with existing and potential clients and partners
- Assist with preparation of Expressions of Interest
- Assist with preparation of project proposals: management of bidding process; associate and consultant selection; technical writing; commercial proposal and authorisation
- Provide GSEG team and Zimbabwe Country Director with regular market intelligence, with particular focus on the political and economic developments relevant to CA business in the Southern Africa region; carrying out research on donor/government/private sector/NGO current and planned activities.
- Assist with the management of governance, stabilisation and economic growth projects within contracted time and budget constraints
- Assist in provision of advice to internal & external clients on technical matters within area of discipline
- Build knowledge and experience through contributing to think-pieces, shadowing more senior members of staff and attending external events
- A postgraduate social science degree from a top-tier university is desirable – eg. international relations, international development, politics, economics, law, etc
- Some relevant government or private sector or international development sector experience in relevant subject area;
- Good understanding of the international development sector and the political environmental context in Southern Africa. Marketing experience, together with well-developed social and communication skills. Track record of building and maintaining relationships within the donor community.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.