Consultant for IT Developer
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 361
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately held, non-denominational and politically independent German non-governmental organisations in development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organisations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently the organisation together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response. Welthungerhilfe is an implementing partner of the Zimbabwe Agricultural growth programme where it is leading the Zimbabwe Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation services project in Mashonaland West and Matabeleland South respectively.
Terms of Reference: Master Farmer Training Online Platform
WHH together with ICRISAT, CTDO and SAT are implementing a project entitled “Zimbabwe Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation Systems” which is funded by the European Union under the Zimbabwe Agricultural Growth Programme”. Part of this project involves addressing communication challenges between agriculture stakeholders in Zimbabwe; One of the strategic arms of this project is Extension and one key deliverable is to improve the farmer access to modern extension; As such, in partnership with the ministry of Lands, Agriculture, water, fisheries and rural resettlement the project seeks to develop a master farmer web training platform that will enable farmers to develop their competences on a remote basis; The application will be web and android based such that it is compatible with most mobile devices available within the farmers digital sphere.
Undertake to Develop a web and android based platform that will be interactive for the purposes of farmer extension capacity building in accordance with the master farmer training curriculum. Key deliverables include;
- Develop the platform such that remote e-learning and self-examinations are possible for the farmers;
- To develop a platform that allows the farmers to go through video, audio and text-based tutorials;
- To develop a platform that allows for live streaming of specific lectures;
- To develop a platform that allows for the writing of both multiple choice and essay-based examinations;
- To develop a platform that allows for interactive text-based discussions on the platform.
- Extensive experience in creating Digital Applications, Online portals with mutli district, provincial, national and regional experience;
- Established track record in software development
- Knowledgeability of the Agricultural and Development sectors is an added advantage;
- An appreciation of Government processes and establishing collaborations with development partners.
Time & duration
The assignment to be completed in 90 working days
Please send the proposal and additional documents to: [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered; WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap
Deadline: 4 April 2021