Computer Systems Technician
- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 399
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned position in the Computer Systems Department. The incumbent will report to the Hardware and Network Administrator and will be based at the Southern Regional Office – Belmont Depot.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 ‘O’ level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- CCNA certification or CCNP is an added advantage.
- Microsoft Certification, City and Guilds T3 is an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of two years in the field.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
- Knowledge of printer repairs is an added advantage.
- Ability to solve hardware and network problems.
- Intermediate knowledge of cybersecurity best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results Oriented.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Trouble shoots network and hardware problems.
- Repairs and replaces faulty computer equipment.
- Diagnoses hardware and network problems and suggests solutions.
- Performs maintenance, repairs and service of computer hardware throughout the organization.
- Monitors the performance of LANS and WANS.
- Install, support and configure weighbridge software.
- Attend to all fiscalisation issues in the region.
- Provide weekly and monthly report on regional ICT issues.
- Perform regular upgrades on computer equipment.
- Installs network cables, hubs and other network equipment e.g. routers and switches.
- Configures WAN routes.
- Configures available equipment to facilitate sharing of resources e.g. printer sharing.
- Identifies and reports any attempts on security violation and rectifies the violations.
- Collects information for the information technology inventory register.
- Recommends replacement of absolute equipment to the Hardware and Network Administrator.
- Installs and configures software on all Computer Systems equipment.
- Decides on the methods and techniques to solve hardware and network problems.
- Performs any other work related duties as assigned by the Superior.
- Training users on computer equipment.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to: [email protected]. Not later than 4 February 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.