Component Rebuild Technician (1 Position)
- Post Date:January 3, 2021
- Views 313
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
JOB : COMPONENT REBUILD TECHNICIAN (1 Position)
GRADE : 8
REPORTING TO : SUPERINTENDENT (HEAVY PLANT)
Responsible for supervision, dismantling, repairing and (re)assembling of earthmoving plant and machinery units including engines, transmissions, compressors, injector pumps, hydraulic pumps and hoses, hydraulic motors and cylinders, PTO units from dozers, tractors, excavators, rollers, cranes and other earth moving equipment.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Plans and coordinates shop-floor activities with client needs.
- Allocates jobs to artisans and provides necessary materials, tools and equipment for use by artisans.
- Inspects, diagnoses and corrects failed or malfunctioning equipment.
- Reads and interprets mechanical diagrams and hydraulic circuit diagrams.
- Provides technical advice on repair and maintenance solutions.
- Provides the necessary advice to subordinates with regards to all aspects of safety.
- Makes follow-ups on jobs contracted outside Council.
- Performs work studies and recommends improvement.
- Carries out corrective repairs, bench tests and adjustments to equipment as required.
- Recommends training programmes for Artisans, Apprentices and Skilled Workers 4, 3, 2 and 1
- Generates progress reports on work done, work in progress and outstanding spares.
- Carries out supervision of artisans and performance monitoring.
- Implementation of procedures relating to health and safety in line with Factories and Works act
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Apprenticeship trained in Diesel Plant Fitting with 5 years post qualification experience OR Trade tested Skilled Worker Class 1 in Diesel Plant Fitting with 8 years post qualification experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience at supervisory level.
- Certificate in Supervisory Management or higher an added advantage
- Clean Class 4 driver’s licence is a must.
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director,
City of Harare,
P O Box 1680,
OR hand delivered to
Rowan Martin Building,
Not later than 12 January 2021.
Related Jobs (17)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time