Compliance Officer - Monitoring & Testing
- Post Date:August 31, 2021
- Views 363
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Banking
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacancy of Compliance Officer – Monitoring & Testing which has arisen within the People’s Own Savings Bank.
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out ongoing and ad-hoc monitoring and testing of bank wide compliance processes and procedures to identify potential gaps in adherence to applicable laws, regulations, regulatory guidance and established Bank policies and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops the compliance annual monitoring and testing program.
- Advises on Compliance Key Risk Indicators and changes in supervisory approach and international best practice.
- Conducts compliance monitoring reviews of various processes. identifying compliance risk and testing controls ensuring that they adequately mitigate the risk.
- Identifies the root cause of violations and process weaknesses and develops recommendations for corrective action.
- Develops and reports findings to Senior Management regarding their business lines testing exceptions and associated issues.
- Performs targeted and/or more complex testing of processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conducts regular reviews in a timely manner to ensure that recommended corrective action to the issues or gaps identified has been addressed.
- Participates and/or leads regular meetings with peers to build and maintain knowledge of current and emerging compliance risks.
- Maintains relationships with other co-assurance functions to ensure proactive detection of compliance breaches or deficiencies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Business or Commerce related degree.
- A Certification in Compliance Management or Monitoring & Evaluation Or full IOBZ.
- 2 years’ experience in an internal control or assurance role in financial services industry.
- The position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should email their CVs and applications clearly indicating on email subject heading the position being applied for, to: [email protected] not later than 03 September 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Related Jobs (34)
Site QA/QC Coordinator on December 6, 2021
Broadcast Content Monitoring & Compliance Assistant on December 6, 2021 Full Time