Compliance and Awards Assistant
- Post Date:October 7, 2021
- Views 271
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Technical Assistance, Training and Education Center for Health (Zim-TTECH) is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Compliance and Awards Assistant. The position will be based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to support Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe, operating as the ZAZIC consortium. Zim-TTECH also partners the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) in implementing HIV & TB Treatment and Care services under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract of employment is for 6 months from 01 November 2021 to 30 April 2022.
Reporting to the Compliance and Awards Officer, the Compliance and Awards Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the performance of risk-based internal audits for ZIM-TTECH and its sub-recipients to enable compliance with funder rules and regulations, statutory laws, contractual obligations and internal policies and procedures.
- Conduct audit tests in assigned sections under the guidance and support of the Compliance and Awards Officer.
- Verify all documentation and audit trail for Zim-TTECH and sub recipients.
- Maintain clear and concise work papers and record any errors appropriately.
- Report findings and any internal control weaknesses to the Compliance and Awards Officer.
- Conduct compliance visits to sub-recipients to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations with guidance from the Compliance and Awards Officer.
- Maintain good working relationships with staff and own team members.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Studying towards professional qualification such as ACCA, CIS, CIMA, CA.
- At least three years’ experience in auditing.
- Experience in auditing NGOs is an added advantage.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of numeracy and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in IT and Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or to:
The Human Resources Manager,
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 October 2021