- Post Date:October 12, 2021
- Views 185
- Career Level NurseQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Location: Buhera, Chipinge, Makoni, Mutasa, Mutare, Kwekwe, Gweru, Mberengwa, Gokwe South
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
Reporting to the District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator, the Community Nurse will be expected to provide HIV testing, care and treatment services in the community around a cluster of health facilities and support linkages in close collaboration with the MOHCC District and Health facility staff, community-based health workers and other implementing partners. The Community Nurse will be responsible for implementation of project activities in communities around a cluster of health facilities. The Community Nurse is part of the decentralized district ZHCT project team comprising of: District HIV Care Coordinators, Cervical Cancer District Coordinators, M&E Assistant and community-based cadres.
- The Community Nurse will provide HIV Testing Services including integrated symptom screening at community level and ensuring linkages to care and treatment;
- Ensure linkage to ART at nearest health facility or/and provide community ART Initiation to clients identified to be living with HIV at community level;
- Strengthen health facility and community linkages through working closely with MOHCC site nurses and community-based health workers in the development of robust referral systems for PLWHIV;
- Working closely with the facility-based nurses and health centre committee, engage and recruit community-based cadres to support project implementation;
- Capacitate and supervise the community-based cadres working to support implementation of the project activities and administer a performance-based incentive scheme to the community-based cadres;
- Ensure retention in care of PLHIV through formation and maintenance of community HIV DSD models, Support groups and defaulter identification and tracking and tracing;
- Provide VL testing to CARGS and provide enhanced adherence counselling (EAC) to PLHIV at community level and referring to health facilities and other service providers as maybe needed;
- Conduct community mobilization, demand creation activities for the project in liaison with the District Community Nurse/Health Promotion Officers, Record and report activities at community level using the projects M&E tools and submit to the M&E Assistant and District Team Leader for aggregation;
- Ensure implementation fidelity in all aspects of the program work towards meeting the program set targets for the site which are reviewed on a weekly, month and quarterly basis and any other activities as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- RGN/PCN/Primary Care Nursing or equivalent;
- Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling is a must;
- At least two years of managing HIV interventions at community level;
- Registration with Nurses Council of Zimbabwe;
- License to practice as a nurse in Zimbabwe;
- Class 3 license or willingness to ride a motorbike is a must;
- Motorbike riding experience is an added advantage;
- Training in Advance HIV management is an added advantage;
- Sound knowledge and experience in M&E is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in English and relevant local language;
- Knowledge of community health practices and general medical ethics;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team;
- Ability to analyse and report relevant activities;
- Sound knowledge of HIV care and treatment practices in Zimbabwe;
- Results oriented and able to meet project deliverables;
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Step 1: Complete the job application form here https://forms.office.com/r/Uv4uShLT31
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Deadline: 15 October 2021
Related Jobs (12)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Strategic Information and Evaluation Manager – Key Populations Programme on October 13, 2021 Contract