Community Liaison Officer
- Post Date:May 31, 2021
- Views 947
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Abdullah Dzinamarira Foundation, a non-profit charity organization headquartered in Harare, aims to share hope with underprivileged and vulnerable children by ensuring access to education and basic social support services.
The Foundation seeks a highly qualified candidate to serve as Community Liaison Officer. The incumbent will provide direct support to the Communications and Public Liaison Advisor located in Harare.
- The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelors’s degree in Social Sciences or any other related field of study.
- S/he should have 1-2 years of experience in community development work or a related role preferably with key and vulnerable populations.
- Effective writing, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Very good organization and time management skills
- Be flexible, honest, and trustworthy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
The incumbent will have a demonstrated experience in community development work or a related role preferably with key and vulnerable populations. Community-oriented attitude with the ability to liaise with all levels of society. S/he should possess an excellent ability to establish and nurture beneficial relationships during community engagement efforts, and be self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems. Capability to network, negotiate with, and influence a range of stakeholders from leaders to vulnerable groups and the ability to thrive in fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environments are critical for this position.
The position is (i) contingent upon the availability of donor funding (ii) a three-month short-term contract with a possibility of renewal. The Abdullah Dzinamarira Foundation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, or ethnic origin. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.