- Post Date:February 23, 2021
- Views 493
- Career Level OfficerQualification Degree
Reports to: Country Coordinator
The Communications Officer manages all communications involving PELUM Zimbabwe including the development and implementation of a communications strategy and a broad and diverse range of business and marketing communications. The Communications Officer works closely with the PELUM Zimbabwe team to facilitate an effective two-way communication cycle.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
Strategy and planning:
- Develop and implement PELUM Zimbabwe’s Communications Strategy in line with the organization’s Strategic Plan;
- Develop and implement PELUM Zimbabwe’s annual communications action plans in line with the organization’s Strategic Plan.
Internal and external Communication:
- Lead in the production of result based project reports, newsletters, and other advocacy and promotional materials that promote thematic areas of the organization;
- Document success stories, challenges, case studies, lessons learnt for future fundraising, capacity building purposes and amplifying agroecology practices by PELUM Zimbabwe members;
- Generate content for social media channels that can be shared and seeded on digital platforms;
- Participate in project activities and support internal and external communications in close coordination with the Programmes Officer;
- Prepare various reports that inform organisational operations, decision making and strategies.
- Enhance the capacity of staff and PELUM members in capturing/identifying best practices and stories;
- Coordinate all virtual and physical gatherings for the organization;
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and other key external role-players.
New business Development:
- Develop and maintain a database of prospective funders for PELUM Zimbabwe;
- Develop and maintain a schedule with calls for proposals/concept notes that are in line with PELUM Zimbabwe’s Strategic Plan;
- Provide support in developing proposals and concept notes.
- Participate in team and other organisational meetings or working groups as required;
- Participate in monthly meetings and annual performance appraisals;
- Share information through PELUM Zimbabwe information and relationship management systems;
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise of the Communications Officer and as assigned by the Country Coordinator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software;
- Organized with attention to detail;
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with corporate management, employees, media, and the larger community;
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message.
- Work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field;
- Willingness to learn and grow with the organisation.
- CV less than 3 pages;
- 1 page cover letter
Application due date
All applications should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline: 9 March 2021 (12 pm)