- Post Date:March 22, 2021
- Views 457
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Region: Southern Africa
Office: Harare, Zimbabwe
Application deadline: March 25, 2021
Hivos is an international non-governmental organization inspired by humanist values. Together with local organizations, Hivos seeks to contribute to a free, fair and sustainable world in which all citizens have equal access to the resources and opportunities for their development. Hivos believes in the creativity and capacity of individuals. For more information, see www.hivos.org
To support our Regional Office for Southern Africa, we are looking for a: Communications Officer (Part time fixed contract until 31 December 2021 with possibility of extension)
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Communication Officer assists the Program/Project Managers and teams in the communication dimension of the program or project; provides the communication framework to which the project performance adheres and positions according to the corporate values, identity, standards and formats and tools for internal and external profiling and positioning. The Communication Officer may take specialized communication positions varying from lobbying to designing social media activities relevant to the project. In this case, the communications officer will be assisting the following projects: She Leads, Voices and Actions for Accountability in Malawi (VAAM), PROTECT and upcoming Enhancing the Food Environment for Adolescents in Harare and Bulawayo Using A Food System Approach.
The Communication Officer develops communication strategies, organizes online and offline communication activities (e.g. conferences, seminars), develops and disseminates communication materials and enables the Hivos community and its partners to communicate effectively.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Develops and implements the communication dimension of the program/project.
- Conceives communication strategies, organizes communication activities and develops and disseminates communication materials that contribute to the program/project results. Coaches and advises staff in their external positioning activities (risks and opportunities).
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the online strategy. Writes texts for the Hivos websites and social media and develops or organizes various forms of content (e.g. illustrations, videos, infographics). Works to strengthen Hivos’s position and image.
- Knows what happens and is going to happen in the project environment; provides the framework in which management and professionals can deal with program and project communication; coordinates the external positioning agenda of a program/project/activity and provides the interventions for realizing the agenda.
- Contributes to the definition of SMART project proposals and to the evaluation of output, proactively consults the project manager and other team members
- Participates in reflection and teaching on both the project and the institutional level.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with relevant stakeholders in the project environment, creates a platform for co-creation and partnership in key global positioning events.
- Relevant Degree in Media & Communications
- Relevant work experience: at least 3-5 years
- Experience working in communications
- Excellent analytical & writing skills
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and facilitate events
- Self motivation and enthusiasm and ability to work under own initiative
Hivos offers a challenging position in an international environment.
The Regional office is based in Harare, Zimbabwe. This position will be based in Zimbabwe. Hivos welcomes International & Regional applicants but can only offer a position to only those with a valid work permit for Zimbabwe. Hivos can only offer employment on local terms and conditions.
If you meet the above mentioned qualifications (please look carefully), send a cover letter explaining your motivation and your CV to: Hivos e-mail: [email protected]
Deadline: 25 March 2021
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.