Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Communications Graphic Designer
- Post Date:January 27, 2021
- Views 336
- Qualification DegreeExperience 1-3 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
The purpose of this function will be to:
- Raise the profile and impact of the organization’s work among different stakeholders that include its governance structures, development partners, government, civil society partners and the public at large; Consolidate and implement an institutional communication strategy and annual plan as guided by the strategic plan;
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, statements, human interest stories and other advocacy / information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate;
- Ensure that the production of communication products and materials is timely executed and followed up to support the new strategy and relevant regional and global campaigns and to support resource mobilization;
- Follow up on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, videos, audio-visuals, etc.), and oversee the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translations, reviews of layout and graphic design etc.) to meet standards as set out in the Communication Strategy;
- Establish or maintain up-to-date documentation for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.;
- Ensure effective and timely professional assistance and support are provided in developing, drafting and maintaining contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web etc.;
- Prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefing and visits of media and other special interest groups. The task includes preparing information materials (e.g., press releases, programme summaries, country fact sheets etc.);
- Help organize and generate public support for special events and activities to promote organizational objectives and vision;
- Assist in collaborating with the media through activities such as organizing project site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate;
- Monitor and evaluate the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences, and participate in the evaluation of their impact.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials.
- Maintain a library of coverage (clippings, coverage etc.);
- Promote an inclusive digital drive across the organization and its key constituencies;
- Establish and coordinate a dynamic network of community-based young communicators who will support and amplify local content generation;
- Ensures that the existing communications centre/studio produces regular high quality products for the organization and other commercial clients and that its operations are sustainable;
- Contributes to research, drafting and publishing of policy briefs and academic articles on emerging national issues.
Key competencies required
- Good knowledge of Canva, Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator;
- Ability to handle and work with all types of sublimation products;
- Good understanding of creating print-ready jobs that are to scale and precise;
- Ability to interact, communicate & present ideas to customers;
- Professionalism regarding time, targets and deadlines.
- Social media management;
- Cinematography skills;
- Web Design.
- Degree in creative arts, communications or media studies;
- Over 2 years of post-qualification experience;
- Familiarity with the humanitarian and development sector;
- Strong in strategic thinking and planning;
- Strong writing, analytical and oral communication skills;
- Strong network and brand management skills;
- No criminal record.
Applications are to be submitted to: [email protected] citing the post being applied for.
Deadline: 12 February 2021