Communications Graduate Intern (Gweru)
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 675
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental Organisations in development co operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner Organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
WHH, in partnership with WFP, is implementing an Urban Social Assistance Project in Chegutu and Gweru Urban Districts where 12000 and 18000 people, respectively, are benefitting from cash transfer assistance. Gweru Urban has been selected as a pilot domain for the implementation of a one-year pilot Urban Resilience Building Project in Gweru.
The graduate intern will be responsible for writing articles to internal and external audiences thereby increasing WHH’s visibility. The incumbent will assist in organizing events, preparing quality documentaries and offer guidance on production of relevant materials on Urban Resilience building activities. The Communications Intern will directly assist the Resilience Specialist with management of all communication content and channels that form the Urban Resilience Building Communication Strategy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and broadcast Bulk SMS;
- Compilation of Urban Resilience Building Newsletter;
- Manage WhatsApp groups for various resilience building committees, Gweru Urban Resilience website, Facebook, videos, podcasts, print based media;
- Package resilience content and information for key internal and external audiences;
- Facilitate capture and packaging of resilience stories and management of community feedback;
- This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related learning and apply them in a professional setting. The candidate will also have opportunities to network directly with programs;
- The Communications Intern will learn the practical application of:
- Developing, coordinating and disseminating resilience messages through appropriate channels and ensuring all stakeholders promote the messages;
- Facilitating communication trainings that promote digital literacy for the targeted beneficiaries and government extension workers;
- Monitoring, capturing and reporting feedback and providing technical support to all Gweru Urban Resilience Building stakeholders.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Recent graduate with a Degree or Diploma in Communication/Journalism/Mass Communication/Public Relations/Media and Society Studies/ICT.
- Demonstrated experience in communications in social, print and broadcast media channels;
- Efficient in Digital Storytelling.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and any one local language;
- Experience working with a range of government, civil society and international partners;
- Current knowledge of Rights Based Programming is an added advantage;
- Proficient in computer skills, Publisher. photography and use of relevant software and other applications of designing and editing,
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 7 May 2021
Related Jobs (22)
Graduate Entrepreneurial and Employment Promotion Programme (GEEPP) on January 25, 2022 Internship