Communications Associate: Content Creation
- Post Date:September 13, 2021
- Views 694
- Offered Salary US$15,432 per annumCareer Level OtherQualification Degree
- Experience 3-5 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) (hereinafter referred to as “the Organization”), is an Intergovernmental Organization, which was established at Lusaka, Zambia, in 1976 by an Agreement concluded under the auspices of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
The Organization was created, inter alia, to promote the development of Intellectual Property (IP) laws appropriate to the needs of its members, establish common services and training schemes, and assist its members in the acquisition and advancement of technology and the evolving of common views on IP matters.
The Organization grants and administers IP titles on behalf of the Member States and provides IP information to its clientele in the form of search services, publications and awareness creation. Membership of the Organization is open to all Member States of the African Union (AU) or of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA).
The present members of the Organization are: Botswana, Kingdom of Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. (Total: 20 states)
The organs of the Organization are:
- the Council of Ministers, consisting of ministers who are responsible for the administration of intellectual property matters in the respective Member States;
- the Administrative Council consisting of heads of offices dealing with the administration of intellectual property , in the respective Member States; and
- the Secretariat (the Office of ARIPO) headed by the Director General as the Chief Executive Officer of the Organization.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications are invited from suitable candidates who are nationals of Zimbabwe to be considered for appointment to the post of Communications Associate: Content Creation, the full description of which is as follows:
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Duration of Appointment: Fixed-term contract of two (2) years (renewable, subject to satisfactory performance)
Scheduled date of commencement: January 1, 2022.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Support the formulation and implementation of the communications strategies to extend the reach of ARIPO globally. Assist in managing the ARIPO brand and reputation through the development and curation of multimedia content that resonates with ARIPO stakeholders. Reporting to the Communications Officer, the Communications Associate: Content Creation will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide background information and data for the development, implementation and review of the communication strategy;
- Provide logistical support to communication initiatives and campaigns i.e. discussions, press conferences, and other publicity events;
- Conduct research and compile inputs for background papers, talking points, speeches, correspondence, reports, official statements, project proposals and other publicity materials, as necessary;
- Prepare feature articles, news stories, visuals and graphics for the website, newsletters, social media platforms etc.;
- Maintain database of reference materials and photos highlighting programmes and activities;
- Maintain and update database of relevant press in the Host country and the Member States;
- Perform any other duties and tasks as may be assigned or delegated.
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Public Relations/Journalism/Media and at least 3 years’ relevant post-qualification experience. •
- A relevant professional qualification is a distinct advantage.
Competencies and Skills required:
- Proficiency in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graphics etc.) as well as web based management systems;
- Proficiency in the use of social media and digital communication
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across departments to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner;
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Nationality: To be eligible for appointment, candidates must be nationals of Zimbabwe.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Conditions of employment shall be subject to the ARIPO Staff Rules and Procedures or be determined by the Administrative Council of the Organization.
Salary and allowances on first appointment shall be those applicable to Grade GS9 Step 1 of the ARIPO salary scales of the general service category.
- Base Salary: US$15,432 per annum
- Dependency Allowances: US$990 per year for a dependent child. Maximum number of children three (3).
- Housing allowance: US$5,700 per annum
- Other benefits include:
- Spouse allowance;
- Contributory medical aid scheme;
- Group Life Assurance and Funeral Scheme; and
- Annual leave of 30 working days.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory United Nations type medical examination to be conducted by an ARIPO nominated medical practitioner.
APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
Applicants should submit an application letter together with: detailed curriculum vitae indicating pertinent personal data, and names, professional designations and addresses of two persons from whom evidence-based, professional references can be obtained; certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates; police clearance; and a passport size photograph.
Applicants should indicate in their personal data, the following:
- family name and first names;
- date and place of birth;
- nationality and detailed present address;
- full names, relationship, gender and date of birth of dependents;
- language abilities both written and spoken;
- educational background (main subjects, institutions, diplomas or degrees and marks of merit;
- employment record (present or most recent employment, previous employment); and
- any other relevant information.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Applications addressed to the Director General of ARIPO and saved as a single pdf file should be submitted by email only at [email protected] not later than October 6, 2021. The reference to be indicated on the email subject is “Communications Associate: Content Creation”.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the ARIPO Office on official letterhead at which stage they shall be requested to submit a certificate of evaluation/accreditation of their Degree qualifications from the Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE).
ARIPO does not charge any fee and neither does not use any employment agents at any stage of the recruitment process.
Related Jobs (11)
Marketing Officer on October 12, 2021