- Post Date:June 23, 2021
- Views 359
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Chemonics International Inc., a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Communications Assistant for the USAID-funded Feed the Future Zimbabwe (FTFZ) Fostering Agribusiness for Resilient Markets (FARM) activity. This five-year activity will support farmers, their households, and communities to diversify, intensify, and commercialize their crop and livestock production to build their assets and be more able to absorb, adapt, and transform in the face of climate, economic, and other shocks, allowing them to live healthier and more productive lives. We are seeking candidates for the Harare project office. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of smallholder farmers across Zimbabwe.
- Assisting with writing, editing, formatting, and proofreading of annual reports, quarterly reports, monthly district reports, Weekly Highlights, and other publications;
- Assist with developing digital/multimedia stories to support narrative reports and success stories;
- Contribution to the design of information, educational, and communication materials;
- Participating in development of content for social media platforms;
- Assist with managing SharePoint database of documents, photos, and other communications materials;
- Film and record videos during field trips and edit them into presentable short stories;
- Provide photo and video coverage for FARM Activity events;
- Assist with coordinating Social Behaviour Change Communication activities in liaison with the technical team;
- Participate in dissemination of Activity promotional materials;
- Assisting in strengthening stakeholder engagement by supporting organisation of stakeholder meetings, activities and other related events;
- Assist with printing, scanning and photocopying, binding and distribution of Activity documents;
- Performing any other duties as requested by the M&E Lead/ Communications Specialist.
Qualifications and skills
- Applicants are required to have at least 3 years’ professional working experience;
- University degree in Journalism, Media Studies, English and Communications, Public Relations or related field;
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite and MS Office packages;
- Strong graphic design and video editing skills required;
- Keen interest in photography;
- Proficient in social media and online communications;
- Highly motivated with an interest in development work and is willing to learn.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Deadline: 30 June 2021
Related Jobs (6)
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021