- Post Date:December 15, 2021
- Views 383
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Technical Assistance, Training and Education Center for Health (Zim-TTECH) is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Communications Assistant. The position will be based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. Zim-TTECH is implementing the DREAMS program in four districts in Matebeleland North province. Zim-TTECH also supports Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe. The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The Communication Assistant will have overall responsibility to write and distribute content to promote Zim-TTECH’s brand, activities, publications, websites, and social media platforms.
- Act as a liaison between Zim-TTECH, the public, and the media to ensure that all activities are documented and publicized as required in a timely manner.
- Contribute to formulating the Zim-TTECH organizational communications strategy.
- Serve as primary editor and content lead for Zim-TTECH’s website and social media platforms.
- Ensure that Zim-TTECH’s website and social media platforms are kept up to date and follow established guidelines, including standardized visuals and proper permission for sharing.
- Proofread and edit the writings of others for external and internal information, education, and communications (IEC) materials.
- Manage media and photo database, organized with tags and consent for usage.
- Develop and maintain Zim-TTECH’s internal style guidance.
- Facilitate the flow of documents between writers, editors, and designers for special communications projects.
- Research, write, edit, and publish web and print articles on Zim-TTECH activities and milestones.
- Respond to funder and MOHCC requests for Zim-TTECH articles and event updates.
- In collaboration with the Procurement Department, assist in fostering and maintaining relationships with communications vendors and service providers including printers, media, graphic designers, and advertising specialty companies.
- Assist the program teams to supply reproduction-ready art to vendors.
- Offer technical assistance to facility, district, provincial and head-office staff in developing articles about activities in their areas of jurisdiction for publicity.
- Spearhead the development of an internal newsletter.
- Attend Zim-TTECH publicity and monitoring events by funders for purposes of documenting the events.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Communications-related professional diploma or degree; background training or experience in journalism, public relations or marketing, and social media savvy will be an added advantage.
- At least one year experience working in the communications field for non-profit organizations and/or public sector projects, preferably in HIV/AIDS, public health, or other development work.
- Good knowledge of the local media industry – print, radio, and television.
- Strong photography skills and willingness to learn.
- An understanding of social media tools and strategies, as well as media relations.
- Fluency in various social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Project coordination experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, knowledge of AP style.
- Well versed in the development of websites and web content management systems, especially Drupal and/or WordPress (certification in either of the two will be a distinct advantage).
- Must be a quick learner, especially in the field of technology.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work in teams and independently.
- Must possess proficiency in MS Office 365 platforms, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 December 2021
Related Jobs (9)
Regional Demand Creation Specialist – Eastern Region (Full Time) on January 18, 2022 Full Time