Communications and Multimedia Intern
- Post Date:June 8, 2022
- Views 422
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association (ZELA), a registered public interest environmental law organization established a think tank institute, the Africa Institute for Environmental Law (AIEL). AIEL was established to undertake the functions of research, training, capacity building and teaching aimed at influencing policies on natural resource governance and the environment. AIEL’s vision is to become a leading internationally recognized research-intensive institute on natural resources governance / environmental law.
AIEL has four core objectives: To produce evidence-based researche that strengthen the capacity of natural resource governance institutions on effective implementation of laws and policies that promote sustainable utilization of natural resources; To design and deliver high quality training programmes that lead to systemic impact with regards to specific natural resources governance and environmental law issues; To raise stakeholder awareness on sustainable and inclusive natural resource governance and environmental laws by holding seminars, workshops, symposia and other awareness raising activities; To encourage government, CSOs and citizens to facilitate the utilization of local research findings to promote sustainable natural resources governance/management.
To deliver on its mandate and work towards achieving its strategic goals, AIEL is setting up an internal structure. It is against this backdrop that AIEL is recruiting a Communications and Multimedia Intern. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed individual, to contribute towards the growth and development of AIEL. Communications and Multimedia Intern will thus play a critical role as AIEL seeks to position itself for growth through improved visibility, production of quality research outputs and provision of high level trainings and capacity building.
To support AIEL research projects through conducting research, analysing results and updating AIEL documents and social media handles.
Summary of key responsibilities
The Communications and Multimedia Intern will be responsible for:
- Implementing the AIEL’s communication and visibility strategy;
- Develop a content calendar and support day-to-day communications tasks while ensuring that the organization’s brand is adhered to and represented effectively;
- Regularly monitor the AIEL website and support the Communications team in developing, editing and posting creative content on AIEL social media platforms;
- Support the Communications team in securing organizational resources and multimedia content online and offline while ensuring that the AIEL physical library is well maintained;
- Track and monitor the performance of AIEL social media platforms and compile monthly social media matrices and monthly reports;
- Assist in and perform overall programme activities as may be assigned under the reporting matrix;
- Design and produce communication material for marketing materials, e-newsletters, electronic media, reports, press releases, articles, brochures, videos, social media messages.
Qualifications and professional requirements
Interested candidates should have at least the following qualifications:
- Degree in journalism, business, marketing, communications or other relevant field;
- Experience working in a communications, marketing and development is an added advantage;
- Excellent written communication skills with experience writing content for a wide range of purposes;
- Experience and knowledge of social media strategies and digital/multimedia communications strategies and tools;
- Graphic design skills, website editing skills (working knowledge of content management systems) and event planning experience is an asset;
- Knowledge and interest in environmental law, natural resource governance and international development;
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is an asset;
- Excellent command of English. Language abilities in French and Portuguese or any other local language is an added advantage;
- Experience in use and interpretation of social media dashboards/management tools (Hootsuite) and social/web analytics software (Google Analytics);
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), presentation designing and visual communication a plus;
- Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design; on the cutting edge of emerging media trends and technologies; Strong writing and copy editing skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities;
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment;
- Excellent skills in all MS Office Applications, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their CV including cover letter which describes suitability of the person to take this assignment including information on relevant experience, achievements, and two recommendations (including one academic one) to: [email protected] The following title VAC: AIEL Communications and Multimedia Intern should be clearly stated in the email subject.
Deadline: 15 June 2022
Related Jobs (16)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship