Communications and Change Management Specialist (Fulltime)
- Post Date:July 6, 2021
- Views 407
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reports to: Senior Data Officer
Project name: Zimbabwe Open Data Initiative 2021/2025 (ZODI Project)
Zimbabwe Open Data Initiative (ZODI) is a project of the Institute of Data Science Management in partnership with three International Donor Partners.
The Zimbabwe Open Data Initiative Project (ZODI Project) seeks to support national efforts to make relevant data available, accessible, and usable for unrestricted use in Zimbabwe. The initiative focuses on building high-level policy, and public and private institutional support for open data. The initiative encourages cooperation among existing open data activities, bringing stakeholders together to solve long-standing national problems. The ZODI aims to enable the development of data infrastructure in ways that benefit people, companies, governments and civil society. We focus on increasing data flows around the data ecosystem, improving skills and capabilities, and encouraging innovation.
We support data flows, focusing our efforts in three broad areas: Improving the data practices of organisations so that they can build and manage adequate data infrastructure and data use. Our work on data literacy and data assurance is part of these efforts; Tackling challenges so that the data ecosystem works better. Our data institutions work and our work on data ecosystems and innovation are part of this; Gathering and creating research, evidence and knowledge about data and the benefits of open, trustworthy data access, to inform companies and policymakers as they create data infrastructure, assets, practices and policies. This is our evidence and foresight work.
Equal employment opportunity
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Summary of position
The Institute of Data Science Management under the ZODI Project is looking for a Communications and Change Management Specialist to work as an institutional contractor on its Analytics, Data, Visualization, and Information Services (ADVISE) program within Zimbabwe Open Data Initiative (ZODI). ADVISE staff comprise much of a Data Services team, led by a Senior Data Officer (SDO) and situated at Headoffice. The Data Services team’s main purpose is to improve the usage of data and information within the ZODI Project, so that the Project continues to ensure its development outcomes are supported by evidence. Data Services’ work spans the “data lifecycle,” including planning, collection, cleaning, analysis, curation, reporting, and governance.
The Communications and Change Management Specialist will head the Communications team, which is primarily responsible for internal and external communications, change management efforts around data use, and knowledge management for both Data Services and other Project Partners. The Communications and Change Management Specialist position will be fully remote until ZODI Project returns to in-person work when deemed safe to do so. At least 30 days’ notice will be provided prior to the return to in-person work in Harare, Zimbabwe. When ZODI Project returns to in-person work, the Communications and Change Management Specialist will be eligible for telework benefits (one day per week) after 3 months of work.
- Provide technical communications and change management leadership to various bureaus and missions to implement knowledge management best practices;
- Conduct data collection (interviews and focus groups) to assess knowledge management needs and develop responsive strategies (such as knowledge management portals or systems) and evaluate outcomes of implemented strategies;
- Create and implement change management strategies to support adoption of changes in data curation, preservation, and access practices;
- Support capacity building efforts and trainings to Agency staff on knowledge management tools, platforms, and best practices;
- Develop and curate communications content, in collaboration with other team members of Data Services, to increase awareness of ZODI programs and achievements through strategic communications;
- The additional responsibilities listed above reflect a sampling of what we anticipate the Communications and Change Management Specialist will work on. As demands from various bureaus and missions change, the role will change to accommodate client needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical area (journalism, communications, international development, organizational development, or similar);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications and change management relevant to international development and/or knowledge and information management;
- Experience developing and implementing change management plans, conducting stakeholder analysis, and facilitating trainings to build capacity of non-technical and diverse audiences;
- Experience developing communications content such as newsletters, blog posts, social media, website content, etc;
- Demonstrated project management experience, including ability to prioritize competing deadlines, track progress, and communicate challenges or risks to deliverable deadlines;
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (Sheets, Sites, etc.)
Master’s degree in relevant area; Change management certification or designation preferred but not required (i.e. CCMP, Prosci, or other); Experience working with and presenting research, evaluation and/or economic and social context data
- 10 paid holidays per year;
- 15 days Paid Time Off (PTO) the first year of employment, then 21 days per year thereafter;
- Choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans (75% of premium paid for by ZODI for employee;
- 50% of premium paid for partners and dependents);
- ‘Bring Your Own Device Policy’ and an IT stipend of up to USD $1500 per year for allowable IT expenses;
- Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance (100% of premium paid under project costs);
- Policies to support breastfeeding mothers traveling for work and an annual stipend for each child under 16 that can be used toward offsetting childcare costs while traveling;
- Co-working space/ Internet access stipend for remote employees of up to USD$300 per month;
- Substantial flexibility on work hours, location, and schedule to allow for balancing work and life commitments.
Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis, so submit as early as possible. All candidates screened and short listed are subject to a self funded Online Proctored Psychometric test using the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal for cognitive ability and personality tests. The cost will be ZWL 3,000. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications to be submitted via the provided email address.
To make the screening process effective, consider structuring your cover letter to directly answer the following questions:
- Why do you want this job?
- Do you meet all of the qualifications? If not, explain the gaps.
- Why are you uniquely qualified for this role?
- What do you bring to the table that puts you at the top of the candidate list?
Deadline: 9 July 2021
Related Jobs (4)
Communications Graduate Intern – Manicaland Program Area on August 4, 2021 Internship
Documentary Film Production and Mentoring Consultant(s) on July 28, 2021 Consultancy