Communications and Campaigns (C&C) Specialist
- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 521
- Career Level SpecialistQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Zimbabwe Coalition on Debt and Development is seeking for a qualified person to fill a vacant position of a Communications and Campaigns (C&C) Specialist.
The Zimbabwe Coalition on Debt and Development (ZIMCODD) is a socio – economic justice coalition established in February 2000 to facilitate citizens` involvement in making pro–people public policy. ZIMCODD views indebtedness, the unfair global trade regime and lack of democratic people–centred economic governance as root causes of the socio – economic crises in Zimbabwe and the world at large.
Socio-economic justice in Zimbabwe anchored on a vibrant people-based movement.
To take action against the debt burden and socioeconomic injustices through movement building and alternative policy formulation.
The Communications and Campaigns (C&C) Specialist role is a crucial function in media & public communication of ZIMCODD to enhance public awareness on economic governance issues and influence public policy towards social and economic justice in Zimbabwe. The role enhances visibility of the ZIMCODD interventions, policy positions and profiles membership voices, actions and proffer alternatives towards people-centred policy making in Zimbabwe to reduce extreme poverty, inequalities and democratise economic governance process at the local, national, and regional levels.
Communication & campaigns job description
- Assess, compile, and disseminate the organization’s intervention processes, successes, and research outputs/products to the public, membership, relevant decision-makers, and partners to influence policy and practices change in advancing social and economic justice; b) Lead efforts to document lessons from ZIMCODD projects, including research studies, preparation of case studies, stories of significant change and other relevant sources for strategic positioning;
- Disseminate knowledge, learning and information to ZIMCODD staff and external target groups through publications, web posts, webinars, training workshops, and other relevant and innovative means;
- Investing in People for Social & Economic Justice Ensure ZIMCODD research and knowledge products are effectively documented, disseminated, including through the media and other means, to maximize impact;
- Lead in developing press releases and stories to the media to help increase ZIMCODD’s visibility;
- Work as the focal point of contact of ZIMCODD with the media by developing and maintaining positive and proactive relationships to support the work of ZIMCODD and its partners and membership;
- Develop content for campaigns and liaise with the media to push approved content through multimedia channels that targets different target groups online and offline;
- Plan & design content for ZIMCODD social media channels and push them out regularly;
- Continuously update the ZIMCODD website as required;
- Work with consultants that may be contracted for specific expertise, tasks that enhance ZIMCODD’s communications, campaigns and build credibility in all the products produced by ZIMCODD;
- Contribute to Regional communications strategies and plans, and coordinate/ share information with the regional desk team on key communications activities including capacity-building of our regional membership to document their stories;
- To network, coordinate and manage the contacts of key communications counterparts among ZIMCODD partners, authorities, and communications outlets at national and regional level;
- To maintain an up-to-date media database for national media, liaise with them on a regular basis, and undertake regular media monitoring and an overview of the national communications landscape;
- To provide support to the Executive Director in managing partner engagement including assisting in proposal development and reporting.
In the accomplishment of these functions the C&C Specialist must ensure the following deliverables are in sight:
- ZIMCODD communications plan;
- Communications calendar of campaigns, events, initiatives and opportunities;
- Communications materials on relevant ZIMCODD national and regional topical issues guided by the thematic areas;
- Weekly communications and campaigns dashboard which shows all communications and campaigns meetings and collaboration when needed;
- Clear outlay of Communications outlets and active participation at ZIMCODD strategic meetings that need coverage;
- Maintenance of office social media channels;
- Maintenance of media contacts list;
- Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated, and documented in all activities.
This is your job if you are an eccentric, fearless communicator who wants to push the boundaries and contribute to the growth of a dynamic team- ZIMCODD thinks and implements outside the box. A fit in an “abnormal” environment which has a mix of both the activist, maverick, the eccentric, the professional ethic, and unquenchable thirst to change the world to be a better place for all.
You need to possess the following:
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in the field of mass communications, Public Relations, Development studies, international relations or a related area is desirable;
- Masters’ level education in the related fields of communications or public relations is advantageous;
- Not less than 5 years of experience in innovative thinking and execution of communications and campaigns at national and/or international level, or other relevant programmes; experience with social media, web communications, resource mobilization, and media relations is an asset;
- Excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; appreciation of diversity;
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including NGOs, national authorities, media, resource partners;
- Ability to work and adapt effectively in a dynamic and ever-changing environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a mixed team of thinkers, innovators and highly energized people;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines; and Sound security awareness.
Above all having affinity with or interest in social and economic justice work and the drive to push for people centred development agenda, building activism and voice as a mechanism for realising social and economic justice that is rooted in a vibrant, broad based social movement.
Interested applicants must send in their motivation letter, Resume and evidence of work done on email [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 4 February 2022 (4pm)