Communication and Media Studies Lecturer
- Post Date:May 17, 2022
- Views 103
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Communication and Media Studies Lectureship/Senior Lectureship/Associate Professorship/Professorship in the Department of Languages.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree in Journalism, Media Studies, Communication ~Studies or related fields passed with Merit or better, and a bachelors Honours Degree in Journalism, Media Studies, communication Studies or related fields passed at grade 2.1 or better with a track record of teaching, research and publications in refereed scientific journals.
- A PhD in Communication, Media studies or related discipline will be a distinct advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise students’ research projects;
- Teach modules with greater emphasis on digital technologies and their application in the media and communication industries, Writing and Editing for all Media, Strategic Communication, Criticism and the Media and Sociology of News Production;
- Attract and manage research grants;
- Participation in outreach activities within the communication services sector;
- Participation in income generation projects;
- Innovate and facilitate service delivery.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to [email protected]. The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 20 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (10)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time