- Post Date:March 24, 2022
- Views 102
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) was established on 1 September 2001 by the Revenue Authority Act (Chapter 23:11). The functions of the Authority are to act as an agent of the State in assessing, collecting and enforcing the payment of all revenues; advising the Minister of Finance and Economic Development on matters relating to the raising and collection of revenues; trade facilitation and to perform any other functions that may be conferred or imposed on the Authority in terms of the Revenue Authority Act or any other enactment.
The ZIMRA Board invites qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the position of Commissioner General.
Candidates who had submitted applications for this post are advised not to resubmit.
Reporting Structure: The position reports to the ZIMRA Board of Directors.
The Commissioner General shall be responsible for the following;
- Provide strategic, proactive and effective leadership for the authority’s operations.
- Supervising and managing the Authority’s staff, activities funds and property.
- Advising the Government of Zimbabwe on fiscal policy matters, laws and regulations including amendments.
- Overseeing the interpretation and implementation of Zimbabwe’s policies relating to taxation and customs duties.
- Building and leading a modern and efficient revenue administration that ensures all taxes and duties due to the Government of Zimbabwe are collected.
- Broadening the revenue base and automation of ZIMRA business processes.
- Put mechanisms in place to reduce revenue leakages.
- Analysing performance trends, setting operational targets and reviewing revenue collection strategies.
- Preparing strategic and development plans for the Authority.
- Providing policy analysis and advice in revenue collection and trade facilitation.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining strategic relationships, knowledge sharing, partnerships and collaboration between ZIMRA and multi-lateral organisations such as AfDB, ATAF, IMF, WCO, World Bank and WTO, and with regional organisations such as SADC, COMESA, ESAMI and bi-lateral relations with major trading partners.
- Performing such other functions as may be assigned by the Board.
- Applicant must demonstrable leadership capabilities to lead a large, complex and diverse institution.
- Excellent planning and organising skills required in managing assigned projects to accomplish work objectives in compliance with procedural, administrative and technical requirements prescribed by the various laws and regulations administered by ZIMRA.
- Provides the Authority with effective leadership anchored on high ethical standards.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication and engagement skills.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Ability to lead large scale change management projects.
- First degree is mandatory.
- A Masters’ degree or equivalent postgraduate commercial qualification is a prerequisite.
- A minimum often (10) years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Proven track record leading successful organisations is a added advantage.
- An impeccable track record of ethical conduct.
- Appreciation of Zimbabwe Tax Laws will be an added advantage.
- Experience in organisational management or other aspects of public administration would be an added advantage.
- Regional or internal exposure will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 26 March 2022. All applications should be emailed to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre,
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360,
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.