Commissioner: Domestic Taxes
- Post Date:January 10, 2022
- Apply Before: January 28, 2022
- Views 44
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of COMMISSIONER: DOMESTIC TAXES – LEVEL 2 that has arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
To provide leadership and policy guidance in the collection of revenue, advising government on fiscal and economic matters and to promote and enforce compliance with tax laws.
- Overall administration of Income Taxes, VAT, PAYE, Capital Gains Tax and other ancillary Tax Legislation.
- Negotiate international tax treaties.
- Give expert advice to Commissioner General on tax legislation, policy and administration.
- Give advice and guidance on research and development of all tax legislation.
- Determination of objections and dealing with appeals on tax matters.
- Responsible for the overall management and giving strategic direction to the Tax Division.
- Participate in policy formulation and implementation for the Authority.
- Any other duties as may be assigned and directed from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics or an equivalent accounting qualification.
- A relevant Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years practical experience, five (5) of which were at senior management level.
- Strong leadership qualities and analytical skills required.
- Should have strong people management skills.
- Exposure on taxation of international businesses.
- Strong practical experience in working with revenue administration systems.
- Experience in a computerised environment is necessary.
- Clean Class 4 driver’s licence is a prerequisite.
- Drive for results.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Unquestionable integrity.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by not later than 27 January 2022, in envelopes clearly indicating the position being applied for.
All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Commissioner General
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Related Jobs (56)
Administrative Assistant – Research & Innovation Directorate on January 19, 2022 Full Time
Assistant Bursar x 3 & Administrative Assistant x 2 on January 19, 2022 Contract