- Post Date:March 26, 2021
- Views 506
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Construction
Our client is looking for a dynamic Commercial Manager, who is a driven individual and a natural collaborator. You must have worked in a Construction Environment and must be able to:
- Set performance benchmarks
- Monitor progress and outputs
- Ensure sustainable returns
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with construction manager, liaise with planner, liaise with quality assurance.
- Oversight of bidder, oversight of weekly reports for bidders, manage weekly reports from bidders,
- Weekly consultant engagement reports, report weekly to executives, payment terms, retention conditions.
- Rates, suppliers, labour, plant, production levels, royalties, accuracy.
- Unbalancing, budget, ability to employ suitable subcontractors, sufficiency of pricing, Imported content.
- Rock, drill & blast price, covering, abrasive conditions, barrow pits, risk of collapse / battering, water for compaction.
- Dewatering, draft contractual letters, respond to contractual matters, oversight on contractual risk, oversight on insurance risk & legal, oversight on claims
- Oversight on variation orders & cashflows, oversight on day-works, oversight site instructions, oversight on wastage, oversight on “Double Dipping, oversight of cost overrun, oversight of material shortages/ increases/Taxes.
- Oversight of overclaims/ underclaims/ final Account, oversight of bidder duties,
Desired Experience and Qualification
- Minimum requirements are a BTech/ undergraduate degree in similar or related field.
- Honours degree or higher would be considered highly advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Civil and Structural Engineering field is a must.
- Extensive exposure to the construction environment is a must and
- At least 8 years overall experience in a similar role with a minimum of 3 years in a management position.
EMAIL CV to [email protected]