COMBI Trial Pharmacist
- Post Date:May 10, 2021
- Views 370
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zvitambo is a multidisciplinary public health research institute whose mission is to improve maternal and child health in Zimbabwe and to apply its findings to improve health globally. Zvitambo conducts research and provides technical support and education to reduce the burden of malnutrition and infectious diseases. Zvitambo is looking for an energized and committed team to help lead and support a clinical trial in Shurugwi, called COMBI – Cotrimoxazole for Mothers to Improve Birthweight in Infants. COMBI is evaluating the effects of antibiotics (versus placebo) during pregnancy on birth outcomes. The trial will enroll 1000 pregnant women from three clinics in Shurugwi district and follow mother-child pairs until 6 weeks postpartum. The trial aims to investigate the impact of infections on birth outcomes, including the role of periodontitis.
The COMBI Trial Pharmacist is a member of the clinical trial management team whose primary role is to:
- Oversee all aspects of the study drug.
- S(he) will work closely with the clinical trials pharmacy at UZ-CRC in Harare, with the Project Lead, and with the Study Nurses at each site to ensure a high standard of study drug administration and accountability.
- S(he) will work at all three clinic sites in Shurugwi District.
Responsibilities will include:
- Dispensing of study products and primary care drugs to participants, including counselling and providing information to participants; preparation of study products for participants using appropriate techniques.
- S(he) will also be responsible for the proper management and care of the study drug including monitoring and updating the electronic and manual stock management systems, ordering of study drugs including procurement of primary care drugs from local and international suppliers, receipt and verification of drugs received.
- S(he) will ensure proper storage of drugs in the Shurugwi clinic pharmacies, creating, maintaining and updating drug accountability and patient specific records, and ensuring proper disposition and destruction of drugs according to local regulations and study protocols.
- S(he) will create, maintain and update the pharmacy records as per regulatory and protocol requirements.
- S(he) will implement pharmacy quality control and quality assurance systems.
- S(he) will provide requisite training to other staff and ensure that good pharmacy practice and good clinical practice standards are maintained at all times.
- S(he) will participate in case conferences as a pharmacy representative with other members of the study team.
- The start date for this post is 1 June 2021 or soon thereafter.
- The candidate must have a pharmacy degree with a current practicing certificate and be registered with MCAZ.
- They must have excellent organizational skills, be a strong team player, and be able to work to strict deadlines.
- They must have excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Shona, be computer literate with practical experience working with word processing programmes and spreadsheet forms.
- They must have a current certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics and traceable references.
- It is preferable if the candidate has previous experience working on a clinical trial and a post graduate diploma (or higher) in public health.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Application for COMBI Pharmacist.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 May 2021
Related Jobs (41)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract