Collaboration, Learning and Adaptive Management Intern
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 519
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
CNFA is a US-based non-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. Amalima Loko is a new USAID-funded 5-year program implemented by CNFA and 5 partner organizations. It applies community-driven approaches to improve food security, nutrition, and natural resource management in over 80 communal wards in Matabeleland North, where human-induced land degradation is on the rise, leading to worsening food security, nutrition outcomes, and ecologic imbalances.
About the Position
CNFA seeks an intern to work on Collaboration, Learning and Adaptive Management (CLA) for Amalima Loko, a USAID-funded project implemented by CNFA in Matabeleland North. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience supporting program development for a large, international NGO. In this role, you will make significant contributions to our team’s ability to successfully make an impact in food security, particularly in collaboration learning, adaptive management
Specific tasks include:
- Conducting analysis on a broad variety of areas, including assisting Amalima CLA staff, e.g., with developing and producing tools and templates to promote collaboration, learning and adapting throughout the project
- Supporting program development efforts by creating and analyzing surveys, and other activities, e.g., After Action Reviews.
- Attending virtual practitioner events in relevant areas of interest
- Support in tracking progress of studies and pilots and ensuring that they are in track
- Participate in Pause and Reflect sessions and capture key learnings
- Support in planning to integrating with technical areas in health and nutrition, environment, natural resource management, gender and social dynamics, and community visioning, and resilience
- Studying towards a degree in Development Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Social Sciences or Related field.
- Ability to work independently
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Good skills in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams)
- Be detail-oriented with the ability to produce documents that are clear and concise
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, and a sense of humor
To apply Qualified candidates should send their detailed CVs and cover letters to: [email protected] and write title of the position they are applying for in the subject line by 31 May 2021.
Please do not attach certificates to cover emails.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (16)
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on January 25, 2022
Safety, Health & Environment Compliance (SHEC) Assistant x 3 on January 25, 2022 Full Time
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract