Clerk Of Works
- Post Date:April 12, 2021
- Views 516
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Reference Number : Tel20214024
Reporting To: Properties Manager
Supervises new projects and maintains works undertaken by TelOne. Ensures all works undertaken are to the right specifications and contract documents are in conformity to relevant statutory instruments.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Prepares Work Specifications And Cost Estimates Related To All Types Of Building Works.
- Prepares Plans For Minor Additions, Alterations, And Extensions To Old And New Buildings.
- Designs And Liaises With Local Authorities With Regard To Details Of Construction By-Laws.
- Verifies Claims And Certificates Submitted By Contractors For Work Carried Out.
- Carries Out Assessments And Compile Bills Of Quantities For Major Works For Outsourcing As Well As Participating In The Evaluation Of The Tender For Engagement Of Service Provider
- Participates In Cost Estimates And Cost Benefit Analysis For Projects To Enable Approval Of Works By Senior Management, Assess And Formulate Materials Schedules For Procurement
- Considers Requests For Scope Changes (Variations) From Contractors And/Or Users And Submit Recommendations To Management.
- Certifies Completed Works And Verify Interim Claims Submitted By Contractors To Facilitate Payment To The Service Provider
- Provides Management With Input For Compilation Of Departmental Annual Budget
- Provides Guidance To Subordinates In The Performance Of Tasks, Identify Competency Deficiencies And Recommend For Training.
- Complete All Related Tasks As When Necessary.
Qualification And Experience:
- Rural And Urban Planning (Minimumdegree Only With A Major In Construction Economics).
- Higher National Diploma In Architecture / Quantity Surveying/ Civil Or Structural Engineering.
- A Minimum Of 2 Years’ Experience In The Construction Industry.
- Driver’s License A Must.
- Sound Project Management Skills
- AutoCAD Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- High Level Of Attention To Detail And Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Verbal And Written Communication Skills.
- Ability To Produce 3Dimensional Drawings (3D)/ Models Is An Added Advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to be considered for the above posts, please apply using the “Apply Now” tab below not later than 16 April 2021; if you face any application challenges on the platform, please contact our Human Resources team on [email protected].
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.
Related Jobs (17)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time