Civils Clerk Of Work
- Post Date:February 25, 2021
- Views 766
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
Business Unit / Group Function: Platinum
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Reference Id: REF8332F
Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Permanent Employee
Closing Date: 04 March, 2021
Unki Mines (Private) Limited, has an exciting position for a Civils Clerk Of Work to monitor the work of employees or contractors that carry out works or projects at our operation.
We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
The main responsibility is to make sure that work is carried out safely, to the required standards, specification and schedule
- Inspecting the quality of work on a day-to-day basis and ensuring that drawing data and specifications adherence
- Ensuring that the correct materials, tools and best practice construction workmanship procedures are used and that the client produce quality work and value for money
- Making visual inspections and taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards
- Taking measurements and samples at repairer/contractor to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards
- Ensuring conformity to legal requirements and Safety, Health , Environment and Quality standards
- Supervising the water and sewer treatment plants operations to meet relevant WHO and ISO standards
- Degree/Diploma in Civil engineering or equivalent
- Membership to a recognised professional body
- Familiarity with a recognised SHEQ management system ie NOSA and OHSIAS
- At least 3 years in a construction or mining environment with 1 year at Supervisory level
- Project Management experience
What we offer
When you join Anglo American- Global Shared Services, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 04 March 2021
Related Jobs (15)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time