- Post Date:April 12, 2022
- Views 561
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Agriculture
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the position of CIVIL OFFICER within the Technical Services Department. The incumbent will report to the Technical Services Manager and will be based at Aspindale Depot.
- Degree/Higher National Diploma in Quantity Surveying/Civil Engineering/Construction Engineering.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in design and /construction of buildings/concrete works/roads and drainage.
- Good Knowledge of design details e.g Codes and Standards.
- Ability to design and revise Technical Reports, Documentation and Project plans.
- High knowledge of Technical Specifications requirements.
- Significant practical knowledge of Quantity Surveying for construction and other civil works.
- Ability to multi- task.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Prepares schedules, quantities and cost estimates for projects for various GMB structures.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of applicable procedures relating to drawing production and management.
- Liaises with procurement section on the procurement of materials for construction.
- Assists in preparation of tender & assists in the adjudication of tender documents.
- Liaises with Mechanical Officer on maintenance and overhaul programmes for plants, equipment and machinery.
- Takes part in committees and meetings relevant to buildings and civil engineering infrastructure activities.
- Supports safety related functions on sites.
- Contributes to managing plans, implementation, installation, testing and commissioning of projects.
- Design work, process orders and provides technical support during construction.
- Supervises and monitors GMB site activities and maintenance programmes for quality of work and conformity in accordance with applicable standards and procedures.
- Manages all drawings, approvals and assists in the presentation of formal design reviews.
- Checks and verifies internal documents for supplied materials.
- Produces a monthly report for the planning section.
- Adheres to and ensures adherence to Safety, Health and Environmental standard regulations
- Performs any other work related duties as assigned by the superior.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to: [email protected].
Not later than 14 February 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.