- Post Date:March 23, 2022
- Views 383
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Construction
Reports to : Airports Development Manager
Location: Head Office
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides detailed specifications for the project for use in monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensuring that the project has documented milestones against which monitoring can be undertaken;
- Demonstrates that planning has taken into consideration all the key stakeholders in each project;
- Seeks the necessary approval on each project;
- Identifies contractors and verifying their capacity to deliver on commitments;
- Understands the requirements of the Procurement and Disposal of Assets department and ensure full compliance;
- Monitors and advises on the progress of the projects periodically.
- Evaluates the progress and results of the projects.
- Recommends corrective measures if the project is deviating from the plan.
- Arranges the commissioning of completed projects.
- Monitors the contractors to ensure that they deliver services as promised and advise timeously.
- Reviews and prepares details of planning and construction cost estimates for the project.
- Ensures adequate financial control of project.
- Ensures that all engineering specifications, standards and legal factors are taken into account of in all Terms of Reference and Contract documents.
Maintenance of Airfield and building infrastructure
- Plans and manages maintenance of all buildings and civil works
- Carries out periodical inspection of all civil works infrastructure
- Supervises repair of pavements and utilities
Qualifications & skills
- A Degree in Civil Engineering, from a recognized university
- Corporate member of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers
- 5 years’ experience in civil engineering
- Experience in the management of infrastructural development projects.
- Previous experience in a client side project management role.
Other requirements/ competences
- Experience in working with a multidisciplinary project team.
- Project management
- Knowledge of tendering and procurement procedures
- Budgeting and cost management
Interested candidates should submit application letters, copies of updated Curriculum Vitaes and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to:
The Acting Human Resources Manager
Airports Company of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Or email to: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25 March 2022.