Civil / Building Works Supervisor
- Post Date:March 23, 2022
- Views 338
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Construction
Reports to: Amenities Officer
Location: Robert Gabriel International Airport
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures maintenance of the Aerodrome civil works are in a good state of repair and maintenance.
- Ensures that buildings are maintained.
- Participates in the evaluation of civil engineering plans to ensure that they meet and comply with ICAO regulations especially Annex 14.
- Participates in developing and implementing comprehensive planned maintenance systems that ensures maximum availability of adequate and efficient civil infrastructure at the Airports.
- Prepares bills of quantities, specifications, drawings and other tender documents depending on the method of procurement to be used.
- Ensures a comprehensive response and repair time programme that maximises infrastructure availability.
- Leads installations, maintenance works and repairs to ensure that all repairs and maintenance works are carried out according to set procedures and approved budgets.
- Supervises the works done by contractors to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensures proper maintenance of all movement areas such as access roads, car parks, Runways and Taxiways are well maintained to ensure no potholes, no cracks and no open manholes
- Ensures the existence and implementation of safety regulations for personnel & equipment according to the recommended ICAO practices and regulations on safety.
- Ensures all plumbing systems are maintained properly and inspected on regular basis.
- Produces daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
Qualifications and Skills
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering with at least five (5) years working experience.
- Class 1 Journeyman Certificate from Manpower Development with three (3) years’ experience in Building Maintenance services
- Supervisory Management is an added advantage
- Project Management qualification is an added advantage
- Computer Literacy skill.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s license is a must
Interested candidates should submit application letters, copies of updated Curriculum Vitaes and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to:
The Acting Human Resources Manager
Airports Company of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Or email to: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25 March 2022.